What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks! Those do not eliminate the extra quick connects. I've seen that billet Ts are available for like$80 each. I replaced the white T and black quick disconnect with gm oem parts. I swear I've done these before on this truck. I know I did them on my Denali.
The billet t’s require a bunch of hose clamps, about 7 iirc. Myself I’ll just go with oem.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to my GM Service Manual, that is circuit 3240 which says it feeds UE1, the OnStar system. It looks like it is fused through the INFO fuse in the underhood fuse box.
thank you again the upfitter guide showed the connectors but nothing for a definition for that connector, just skips right on by it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you again the upfitter guide showed the connectors but nothing for a definition for that connector, just skips right on by it.
That’s one of the reasons I like alldatadiy. The electrical diagrams are all there. Sure helped me a few times including when I was troubleshooting the airbag circuit in my Silverado.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The billet t’s require a bunch of hose clamps, about 7 iirc. Myself I’ll just go with oem.
Yeah unfortunately there does not seem to be any great solution here. There are a lot of plastic fittings with o ring seals just waiting to fail here and ruin someones day. I had one go out on me in the santa cruz hills with no cell service. Luckily i had a case of water in the trunk and was able to get a hose clamp to hold long enough to limp the damn thing home.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately there does not seem to be any great solution here. There are a lot of plastic fittings with o ring seals just waiting to fail here and ruin someones day. I had one go out on me in the santa cruz hills with no cell service. Luckily i had a case of water in the trunk and was able to get a hose clamp to hold long enough to limp the damn thing home.
All you really need to do is carry a plug for the end of the hose going to the heater core and stop the coolant from flowing into the heater until it can be fixed.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that was the first place I looked as well. It's easier to find the MBEC in there than tracing the wiring diagrams in the service manual. That said though, I find the GM service manual to be invaluable. I figure they pay for themselves with the first repair, but I only have them in hard copy, a searchable PDF would be nice.

This forum is a great resource. I have gotten a great deal of good information here and feel it is only fitting that I contribute back to it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that was the first place I looked as well. It's easier to find the MBEC in there than tracing the wiring diagrams in the service manual. That said though, I find the GM service manual to be invaluable. I figure they pay for themselves with the first repair, but I only have them in hard copy, a searchable PDF would be nice.

This forum is a great resource. I have gotten a great deal of good information here and feel it is only fitting that I contribute back to it.
That’s alldatadiy. And way cheaper than a hard copy of the service manual.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chasing more of those flippin' noise gremlins ! Front brakes were dragging. Rebuilt the calipers so the bastards decided to move back to the rear brakes. They thought it would be funny to wedge the parking brake lever against the axle to make the driver's side start grinding. Found the problem and popped it lose. Checked to see how much caliper grease was left on the slide pins. None, all 4 were bone dry. Greased them up and sent those gremlins packing. They unpacked by my water pump; now that is squeaking. I had enough fun for one day. Fingers crossed that it's just an idler and not the pump shaft. The weep hole isn't leaking - yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21