What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Is that it in park?.

First pic is in park, second pic is in drive, before when on drive the shifter looked like it was in 1st gear, way out of place.

IRadio looks great.

Thanks, It took me forever to finish it. I would only work on it every chance I could. I also installed a front view camera. I"m trying to figure out where and how to installl side view cameras for the curb view.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
First pic is in park, second pic is in drive, before when on drive the shifter looked like it was in 1st gear, way out of place.

Thanks, It took me forever to finish it. I would only work on it every chance I could. I also installed a front view camera. I"m trying to figure were and how to installl side view cameras for the curb view.
Is it to look directly down at the curb? Maybe you can put them in the mirror housings somehow.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Modified my NNBS shifter, I did not like how it looked. A grinder, vice and a little elbow grease got it to look like the NBS sits.

View attachment 255417 View attachment 255418
Looks great!! I want to do this too, if my new 2019 shifter still sits too low. I was thinking of cutting it, and welding at a different angle. Can you share your process..?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Looks great!! I want to do this too, if my new 2019 shifter still sits too low. I was thinking of cutting it, and welding at a different angle. Can you share your process..?

No need to cut it, all you have to do is grind the section clouded on the picture below. Then bend it up slowly until you get it to your liking. It takes several times installing it and taking it off until you get it where you want it. Once you get it to you liking you need to tap the threads of the handle to get the bolt to bolt up to the column. Not hard at all. Do not put any heat on it.

20200822_214402.jpg 20200822_214438.jpg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
No need to cut it, all you have to do is grind the section clouded on the picture below. Then bend it up slowly until you get it to your liking. It takes several times installing it and taking it off until you get it where you want it. Once you get it to you liking you need to tap the threads of the handle to get the bolt to bolt up to the column. Not hard at all. Do not put any heat on it.

View attachment 255431 View attachment 255432

Almost forgot, you also need to grind the end where the arrow is shown on the picture below.

20200822_215817.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot, you also need to grind the end where the arrow is shown on the picture below.

View attachment 255433
Ok. So you just grind it down enough to bend .? I’m not following the additional grinding on the end, or re-tapping it. Sorry, I guess I’m slow.

Wait... ok, when you say grind on it, you’re talking about grinding so it’s flat like the tapped section, then re-tapping it up higher on the stalk.. I think I got it.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Ok. So you just grind it down enough to bend .?.

You are correct and yes it needs to be flat like the rest of that section.

Ok. I’m not following the additional grinding on the end, or re-tapping it. Sorry,

When you bend the shifter, the bolt opening becomes a weak spot and closes a bit. That's why you have to retap it. When the bolt opening closes the bolt hole no longer lines up with the column hole. To get it to line up you have to grind the end. I hope this clears up your questions. Hit me up when you start the process and I will guide you thru the entire dyi. I should have taken pictures but didn't.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct and yes it needs to be flat like the rest of that section.

When you bend the shifter, the bolt opening becomes a weak spot and closes a bit. That's why you have to retap it. When the bolt opening closes the bolt hole no longer lines up with the column hole. To get it to line up you have to grind the end. I hope this clears up your questions. Hit me up when you start the process and I will guide you thru the entire dyi. I should have taken pictures but didn't.
Thanks! Makes more sense now! [emoji16][emoji106]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dilanarcement1

Latest posts