What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going over fluids I found this. Gonna start calling it money pit from now on lol
1579cd9f907aaf981efaa2c03ae7f97e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took my tahoe to the supermarket for its weekly drive since the regal got fixed. the pass side blend door quit working, stuck on hot, ordered new actuators but who really wants to dive into this job when its 80 degrees or raining every day now, so im loaded up with my grocery's and jump in, its hot, so i just hit the ac button and it goes on auto. to my surprise the pass side is blowing ice cold now. so i didnt dare touch a thing after that lol seems to be working again for now.

work truck yesterday, 05 3500 mason dump, just starts dinging, look at the dash and its pegged to red line hot. pull over let it sit and cool off some, while looking for a leak i see it spit coolant out the fill/res tank. ok that cant be good.

fire it up coast down a hill im at the top of to the customers house im going to, and start to top it off. it takes what seemed like 3 gallons or more, the tank keeps bubbling, in the past this is very bad, aka head gasket, but it keeps sucking the tank down, i keep re filling it, and it stopped bubbling. im now thinking it was all the air in the system purging out.

let it idle for a while, temps stay good like 209, so we take off. no more over heating. 3 stops later after everything dried up im looking for a leak of any sort, small or large, not seeing a damn thing, mind you the oil is just oil still. so head gasket is off my mind.

then i touched the heater hose and smallest amount of coolant was on my finger....you got to be kidding right, slow leaked so slow it was never smelt. tank was always full too, to add to my confusion. so need to replace them pos things next. funny i just seen a new thread about them the day before this went down lol. learned already to get the ac delco fittings.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh.....A "life & times" of a person who owns and drives vehicles......

We all have been there, and will continue to do so ......

When I go on a long vacation trip? I rent. (What a lovely feeling)

Last edited:

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much stuff is buried in these trucks that can go wrong, I'll take a bad radiator any day, since you can actually get to it.
( Having said that..... sorry your radiator is leaking)
I'd take the radiator leaking over blowing another brake line or maybe the master cylinder going bad.
That's what I'm facing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n