What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you need the tis2000 software to do that?
I have not used the subscription method, but I believe it is all done through a web browser and doesn't use TIS2000. The link for the subscriptions is

https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

I recommend TIS2000 as it is pretty easy to do with it, and there have been no new software releases for the GMT800 for years, so it has the latest software for our trucks. The advice on the internet is to use a Windows XP computer, since people have reported difficulty getting it working properly on newer OS's. You will also need a serial port on the computer because the Tech2 doesn't support USB (although I have seen reports that people that been able get a USB-to-serial adapter to work). I have an older XP laptop with a serial port that I keep around for this.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not used the subscription method, but I believe it is all done through a web browser and doesn't use TIS2000. The link for the subscriptions is

https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

I recommend TIS2000 as it is pretty easy to do with it, and there have been no new software releases for the GMT800 for years, so it has the latest software for our trucks. The advice on the internet is to use a Windows XP computer, since people have reported difficulty getting it working properly on newer OS's. You will also need a serial port on the computer because the Tech2 doesn't support USB (although I have seen reports that people that been able get a USB-to-serial adapter to work). I have an older XP laptop with a serial port that I keep around for this.
Yeah I had to run a Windows 7 computer in a virtual XP machine and I still had trouble. It’s old software that doesn’t play well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a clean Windows 7 HP laptop..... So, it will work on it?

( just read above post )...... Geeze....... What happened to plain simple?

So much for technology.....
Pretty sure you just right-click and tell it to run in compatibility mode which is a Virtual Machine emulating XP. I think that’s what I ended up doing. Something like that anyway, I forget.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can down load the need software from Micro Soft to install a Virtual Win XP for free.
I have it on this Note Book to run older software. Works great and is easy to setup.
I may be 61 but my past experience with computers (Starting in the late 70's) makes me deadly!
I also use to be a Alpha Tester for Micro Soft. I tested Windows versions before most people knew a new version was in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd