What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Driving the Hoe today, it started running like shit, almost like it's missing--while in gear. Revved it in neutral and it sounded a little better. No codes, all plug wires look ok. I did put gas in yesterday and I'm wondering if I got some bad gas. BTW--still getting the reduced engine power, so cleaning the grounds and adding a new one didn't help.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northstar AGM 34/78 is coming in today. I’ll post an update on my “Big 3 Help” thread in the car audio section when it’s all done to report if it helped. I also plan on doing a full write up on doing the big 4 but I would like to have someone who's more experienced than me to review my work before I start giving people advice on it

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read it. Maybe someone can chime in and give an idea who can reflash the bcm, or if it's even that. I'm only going by what I've read here, on TYF.
There is a separate module for the seats, its under the drivers seat. Mine started doing this a year or two ago, and I read that the TSB said don't rewire the switches, that you need to reflash the seat module. I have a Tech2, so I reflashed it and it fixed the problem and so far hasn't returned. Apparently, as parts wear the position sensor can go out of range and it puts the module into an undefined state. To fix it you have to completely reset the module's memory by reloading the software.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
There is a separate module for the seats, its under the drivers seat. Mine started doing this a year or two ago, and I read that the TSB said don't rewire the switches, that you need to reflash the seat module. I have a Tech2, so I reflashed it and it fixed the problem and so far hasn't returned. Apparently, as parts wear the position sensor can go out of range and it puts the module into an undefined state. To fix it you have to completely reset the module's memory by reloading the software.
AHHAHH!!

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northstar AGM 34/78 is coming in today. I’ll post an update on my “Big 3 Help” thread in the car audio section when it’s all done to report if it helped. I also plan on doing a full write up on doing the big 4 but I would like to have someone who's more experienced than me to review my work before I start giving people advice on it
Well I got it in the mail and the 6 spot terminals for the top post apparently never shipped... I ordered the battery on May 1st. Probably wont ever be buying anything through GP Car Audio again.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it appears I should but a Tech 2. Is there a good version of it, so I don't have to take time to search choices?
There are multiple threads discussing the Tech2 and the Chinese clones out there. I picked up one of the clones off ebay for about $300. The key things to look for is that it has the latest software and that it includes TIS2000. You need the TIS2000 software on your computer in order to upload software to the Tech2 to reprogram a module in the vehicle. There is also another option to upload the software to the Tech2 called TIS2Web which does it through a web interface and requires that you buy a subscription.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you need the tis2000 software to do that?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving the Hoe today, it started running like shit, almost like it's missing--while in gear. Revved it in neutral and it sounded a little better. No codes, all plug wires look ok. I did put gas in yesterday and I'm wondering if I got some bad gas. BTW--still getting the reduced engine power, so cleaning the grounds and adding a new one didn't help.
Sucketh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish