What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted a company close to Paris, which reprogrammed the PCM to run on ethanol. They take $ 785 with benchmarking and performance optimization.

By cons they keep the car 4-5 days because they have never worked on the 5.3 Vortec.

I am waiting to finalize the sale of my old vehicle and forward ...

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Return them and get the Bilstein shocks you won’t regret it, they are about the same size as the autoride shocks front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to do this. My RPO codes are:
[emoji3502]6XK - Spring comptr select frt lh
[emoji3502]7XK - component frt rh computer sel susp (7XK)
[emoji3502]G65 - Level Control man, self-adjusting
[emoji3502]YD6 - spring, rear (base equipment)
[emoji3502]ZW7 - chassis package, premium smooth ride

I believe this is just the self leveling shocks.. not sure if they have a sensor or not. I do not have the air pump.
Wanting Bilsteins but after reading a lot about this, I’m still not sure what I need, and if I need replacement springs as well.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I believe this is just the self leveling shocks.. not sure if they have a sensor or not. I do not have the air pump.
Wanting Bilsteins but after reading a lot about this, I’m still not sure what I need, and if I need replacement springs as well.

Are you staying stock height? The Bilstein yellow and blues which are the 4600 are a great stock replacement shock I run them on the Escalade rides pretty good for being lowered out back I’ve got shock extenders up front I should have went with shocks for a 2” drop because there isn’t a lot of travel left in them but aslong as you watch how you drive you’ll be fine and I replaced the springs because I wanted to lower the truck

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Bilstein 4600 or 5100 depending on your plans. You will need new springs either way because of your zw7.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you staying stock height? The Bilstein yellow and blues which are the 4600 are a great stock replacement shock I run them on the Escalade rides pretty good for being lowered out back I’ve got shock extenders up front I should have went with shocks for a 2” drop because there isn’t a lot of travel left in them but aslong as you watch how you drive you’ll be fine and I replaced the springs because I wanted to lower the truck

Planning to just keep stock height. Although, I wouldn’t mind getting the front and rear closer to level. I guess that would mean either some height in the front, or a bit of drop in the rear. I figured bilsteins because they have a great rep around here.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bilstein 4600 or 5100 depending on your plans. You will need new springs either way because of your zw7.
Thanks for the note. So I’ll need springs front and rear? I have no idea what I’m doing obviously. I believe the 5100 will be to keep stock height? Would I use 5100’s for both front and rear?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to just keep stock height. Although, I wouldn’t mind getting the front and rear closer to level. I guess that would mean either some height in the front, or a bit of drop in the rear. I figured bilsteins because they have a great rep around here.

If you want to lower the rear to match the front they make kits with a 2” rear lowering spring & shock adjusters that would work perfectly

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the note. So I’ll need springs front and rear? I have no idea what I’m doing obviously. I believe the 5100 will be to keep stock height? Would I use 5100’s for both front and rear?

Only springs in the rear on the NBS trucks

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to lower the rear to match the front they make kits with a 2” rear lowering spring & shock adjusters that would work perfectly

Sweet. I’ll have to find this. Unless you have a link..? [emoji16][emoji106]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24