What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice work, but why you hate your driveway so much? lol
Lol. Most of that is brake cleaner to get the drips... I just sprayed a whole can. But yes i did a poor job collecting the leaking brake fluid.

Wind blew away my crush washers. I had the brake line pinched and in a small bucket but while i ran to the nearest autozone it blew away and i ended up with more of a mess than i expected.

Im also chasing a bunch of leaks. Weeping oil cooler and trans cooler lines, leaking trans pan gasket so the driveway is screwed already. Ill pressure wash in the spring.

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Most of that is brake cleaner to get the drips... I just sprayed a whole can. But yes i did a poor job collecting the leaking brake fluid.

lol oh no its not, brake clean evaporates so fast. thats all brake fluid..... at least its cement, no damage other then the stain.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes work great. Ground is wet atm so traction is the limitation and already had fresh fluid, new rear pads, stock hydroboost and stainless lines.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Wind blew away my crush washers. I had the brake line pinched and in a small bucket but while i ran to the nearest autozone it blew away and i ended up with more of a mess than i expected.

Im also chasing a bunch of leaks. Weeping oil cooler and trans cooler lines, leaking trans pan gasket so the driveway is screwed already. Ill pressure wash in the spring.
My lower trans line was leaking where it went into the radiator--at the fitting. I changed the fitting--what that clip went into--and it's good. Guess it was worn out. Is yours leaking from that area?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is curious ive got this much $ into this swap:

$85 for ssbc rotors they are blanks. I snagged one off amazon "used like new" for 20 and one normal price at jegs.

Rotors: $32 per powerstop rotor after core charge.

$40 for the set of pads. Durastop max ceramic with $10 off 50 coupon.

So less than $200. It needed rotors nd pads anyways plus caliper were due for a rebuild so... Same price as replacing with an oem setup really.

I previously replaced all the flexible lines with stainless and spent pess than 100 iirc

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lower trans line was leaking where it went into the radiator--at the fitting. I changed the fitting--what that clip went into--and it's good. Guess it was worn out. Is yours leaking from that area?

My trans line was leaking at the crimps where it went from hard line to rubber line and at the quick connect fittinginto the rad. I deleted the connection to the rad and cut out the crimped connection and rubber lines and replaced with flares, new rubber, and clamps

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My trans line was leaking at the crimps where it went from hard line to rubber line and at the quick connect fittinginto the rad. I deleted the connection to the rad and cut out the crimped connection and rubber lines and replaced with flares, new rubber, and clamps
Went with an external trans cooler. Think I remember reading that. Trans cooler lines are pretty cheap at the dealer. My cost for the lower was $25. Dormans was $30.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with an external trans cooler. Think I remember reading that. Trans cooler lines are pretty cheap at the dealer. My cost for the lower was $25. Dormans was $30.

I had a factory external cooler. Then i upgraded to a better one. Got it for $65 ish ( ACDelco 89022577 GM Original Equipment Automatic Transmission Auxiliary Fluid Cooler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C9TRWG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7TUfCb3DF43YV) Now i have decided to run only the external and bypass the radiator.

Yeah the stock lines are like $20ish a piece plus the fittings are like $10 and I used less than a foot of hose to fix the problem and i don't have to worry about the rad failing (mine is original with 160+k) and making strawberry sherbert in the trans. Plus better cooling since i dont have the rad heating up the trans anymore. I live in sf bay area in cali so i dont get much freezing temps but lots of triple digits.

I have to drop the trans pan to replace the gasket soon so ill put in an external filter too. Then i dont need to drop the pan ever again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu