What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So....installed a new steering cooler and as another member said, watch those cheap clamps that come with it. It was leaking at the cooler to rubber line connection. I found out that when I checked it with a screwdriver it was bound up on the screw drive of the clamp just before it was really tight. Very small leak. Had to use a ratchet and got it to tighten up. No more issues but I did have to take the grill and headlight out again to find and fix it.

023.JPG 024.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So....installed a new steering cooler and as another member said, watch those cheap clamps that come with it. It was leaking at the cooler to rubber line connection. I found out that when I checked it with a screwdriver it was bound up on the screw drive of the clamp just before it was really tight. Very small leak. Had to use a ratchet and got it to tighten up. No more issues but I did have to take the grill and headlight out again to find and fix it.

View attachment 210436 View attachment 210437
Is it being used in conjunction with your factory cooler? Or is it deleted.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new fog/driving lights. Less than $30 for the set with bulbs. Took some Seal All glue and went around the housing to glass seal and over the little lens clip holes with 2 coats. Modified the bolt holes and used my heat gun to bend the mount so that the light fit the holes in the air dam. They look great. Now let's see how long they last. The last set make it 2 years before one was completely black inside because of water leaking in.

007.JPG

006.JPG 008.JPG
009.JPG 010.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It is the factory cooler. I just replaced it. The old one was rusted and started leaking. I think it was $56 from Rock Auto.
Gotcha, thx. I ripped mine out due to leaking through the fins. Bypassed for now, tho I do have an aftermarket one to install. Think it's really necessary on our trucks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz