What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so she's back from the other mechanic. The 4wd problem was simply a blown fuse (which I couldn't find evidently), and in addition to the ABS controller (which they can have refurbished for $665 :eek:) I have a vacuum leak (so I'm running lean) and my knock sensors and harness need to be replaced. After telling him about how I had replaced my transmission on my '96 2 door, he said he had full confidence that I could do everything myself. So one Saturday soon I'll fix my knock sensors, install new gaskets, clean my MAF, and, while I'm in there, maybe install a catchcan. But I'll save about a grand by doing everything myself, which is nice.
Hells yeah.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok so she's back from the other mechanic. The 4wd problem was simply a blown fuse (which I couldn't find evidently), and in addition to the ABS controller (which they can have refurbished for $665 :eek:) I have a vacuum leak (so I'm running lean) and my knock sensors and harness need to be replaced. After telling him about how I had replaced my transmission on my '96 2 door, he said he had full confidence that I could do everything myself. So one Saturday soon I'll fix my knock sensors, install new gaskets, clean my MAF, and, while I'm in there, maybe install a catchcan. But I'll save about a grand by doing everything myself, which is nice.
I'm glad he was honest with you. So many dishonest mechanics out there.

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Wally World yesterday and parked next to a sibling. An older sister, you might say. Lol. The owner was getting to his truck as I was pulling off and he was kind of looking quizzically at my truck. With its esky vent caps and luggage rack, and aftermarket taillight housings and third brake light, he may have been trying to figure out if we had the same truck or not. I thought it was humorous.20170519_194835.jpg

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gear swap from a 4.30 to a 4.10. Didnt like the long 2wd DS vibes at 100mph or so, and made the gearset whine by racing a few times within like 20 miles of installing them....and they were too noisy to live with forever so here i am.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back liftgate glass hinge broke for the second time. The first time I smeared a bunch of JB Weld on it. That lasted about two months I guess and then it let go again. I found a guy parting out a Tahoe on Craigslist and got a new glass for $75.
medium800.jpg

Also replaced the front Bumpstops, jounce stops, bumpers or whatever they're called. Dorman part number 523-089 or GM part number 15153959 if anyone is curious. Easy to install and make the truck ride quite a bit better. There wasn't much left of the old set.

medium800.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
The back liftgate glass hinge broke for the second time. The first time I smeared a bunch of JB Weld on it. That lasted about two months I guess and then it let go again. I found a guy parting out a Tahoe on Craigslist and got a new glass for $75.
medium800.jpg

Also replaced the front Bumpstops, jounce stops, bumpers or whatever they're called. Dorman part number 523-089 or GM part number 15153959 if anyone is curious. Easy to install and make the truck ride quite a bit better. There wasn't much left of the old set.

medium800.jpg
This is why I hesitated to get the esky rear glass, the hinges could have turned out being in worse shape than my stock glass.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210