What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, installed it all myself. The alarm/remote start, bypass module, smartstart module, and 2 window modules cost around $345 all purchased from ebay. I paid $15 to a guy on ebay to activate my smartstart module (only DEI dealers can). I probably used $30 in material (connectors, wire, relays, etc.) so grand total of right around $400. I used to be a car audio installer in my younger days but aside from running wires in all 4 doors for the power window modules I would say this wasn't too difficult of an install.
Interesting. I also used to be a car audio installer back in the day and have installed alot of alarms. I wouldn't do the window modules myself. I was looking on EBay at the 5305 and it didn't say anything about smart phone use. Can you use iPhone or just Android?

Blackie

Reaction score
The alarm just needs to be smartstart compatible (on Viper its via ESP2 or D2D port). On the older smart start modules there were some that were dedicated to either Android or Iphone but the new ones work on either. You have to pay an annual service fee to use the smart start feature:

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Added new driving lights. The halos are on when the truck is in drive (wired to the old DRLs), the driving lights come on with the headlights. While I was there, I had to drop the bumper valance to install the lights, so I cleaned it up, prepped it and painted it bumper/trim black. Also rewired the stock DRLs with new pigtails and they are now turn signals. Now I just need LED bulbs and new headlight and turn signal housings. Headlights aren't a year old and already hazing beyond being able to polish them out. I'll be having the next set of lenses clear coated.

IMG_6605.jpg
Is that plexiglass? Do you plan on getting fog lights ? Those heads look foggy not hazy , what brand are they ?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I gave him my number so we'll see what happens... in the mean time, I'm taking my other truck to the drag strip today after installing my stage 3 tune last night to see if I can get her down the track in under 11 seconds :cool:

Nice and cool out today, perfect weather for those twin turbos

Hey now the X5 is in no way a truck:confused:. That is by all definition a SUV, not dogging it cause I know it's the fastest production SUV on the planet, last time I checked:hail:. It's bad enough when people call tahoes and Yukons trucks. Maybe I'm just offended being only a pickup truck guy since I got my licensce lol:mad3:
My Tahoe is my first SUV I've ever owned.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey now the X5 is in no way a truck:confused:. That is by all definition a SUV, not dogging it cause I know it's the fastest production SUV on the planet, last time I checked:hail:. It's bad enough when people call tahoes and Yukons trucks. Maybe I'm just offended being only a pickup truck guy since I got my licensce lol:mad3:
True, but like a lot of people (I believe) I hate saying "SUV" when talking about mine. It's so cumbersome with it's 3 syllables. When I say something like " I'm going to go wash my____" I always say truck. I hate saying "I'm going to go wash my SUV". It's just too long.

Fillerdust

Reaction score
It was slow in the shop today so I took the plastidip off the wheels and took off my side moldings. I can't wait to find some 20s for it. I've been scouring Craigslist. I also got a Corvette servo and long pin coming too.IMG_20170227_140429.jpg IMG_20170227_151846.jpg

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Technically its considered an SAV(sports activity vehicle) but at the end of the day I still call it a truck lol

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn man!! That is nasty sounding....Post those times up and any video if someone will take some for you.

Just got home from the track, I'm still waiting for my buddy to send the videos. I was able to get 2 good runs in today

I was on map 6 with 93/e85 mix, 1st pass- 11.72 e.t. 118 mph (my personal best) 2nd pass- 11.82 e.t. 118 mph

After doing some calculations, looks like my 0-60 is a blistering 3.3 seconds... my fastest pass prior to today was 12.3 e.t. 115 mph, looks like the X pipe and updated tune worked. My 1st pass was against a 2002 Lamborghini(stock) who I beat by a bumper...my 2nd pass was against a 2011 Jeep Grand cherokee SRT (full bolt ons) who I walked by 5-6 cars from what I was told

Pissed I didn't break 10 seconds lol

IMG_20170130_053340398 (360x640).jpg

IMG_20170202_173429261 (360x640).jpg

Last edited:

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that plexiglass? Do you plan on getting fog lights ? Those heads look foggy not hazy , what brand are they ?

They are hazed over. I've polished them numerous times. No water vapor inside. Yeah, they are plexi covers. Ive never liked the open look of the valance. No plans on factory fog lights. I like these little guys. I don't remember the brand of the lights. Cheapos from eBay. We started clear coating them at the shop I used to work at. They looked factory fresh a year later. I thought I could keep up with these, without clearing them. Nope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv

Latest posts