What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bm0rgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get those products? I don’t like the way the red looks on miy Z71 side emblems or those yellow sidelights. How did you remove the original side emblems?
Amazon! You lay them on the side markers and rear pieces and heat them with a hair dryer etc and they stick perfectly and are perfectly cut to fit. The brand is slickmod on Amazon. The reviews that say they don’t work is because they can’t install correctly. They fit perfectly.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon! You lay them on the side markers and rear pieces and heat them with a hair dryer etc and they stick perfectly and are perfectly cut to fit. The brand is slickmod on Amazon. The reviews that say they don’t work is because they can’t install correctly. They fit perfectly.
Just ordered them! I also saw actual smoke colored replacements for around 45 bucks but don't feel like messing with the electronics.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’d be sweet if someone made a simple bolt on kit to relocate the front T1X 4 piston caliper to the rear.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the plan was to have the brakes installed today, so I woke up pretty early and got dressed. I thought I'd use the same shop that installed the wheels and made my fender modifications. Carlos is reasonably priced, so I figured I'd give him the benefit of my business. As I'm driving some 40 miles to his shop, I reach mile 32, that's when traffic comes to a complete stop for 1.5 hours. Ideally, I would have been on schedule to arrive at his shop at 9AM, but that wasn't the case. By the time I did arrive at the shop, it would have been too late in the morning to start and leave at a decent time without having to deal with L.A. traffic. Nonetheless, this is the reason why I missed my appointment:
Accident.jpg

On the way home, I did manage to stop by a few local shops in my area to get some quotes - all of which were similarly price matched to Carlos' shop. So, I think what I'll do is just have them installed locally and be a good neighbor by supporting my local businesses... With that said, I'll just have them installed next week.

One thing I did notice is the uneven treadwear on my two front tires. It appears that the outer corner of the tread on the lug where the sidewall and the tread part of the tire meet is wearing down drastically, while there are high and low points on the corresponding treads on the outer sides. My aggressive turning habits could be contributing to that, but it also could be because I need an alignment - which I never got around to doing post lift and wheels. I don't get any vibrations in the steering, but I'll have it checked out while I'm having the brakes installed.

mrhp

Reaction score
Big lug tires driven on pavement like you do need frequent rotations, and the alignment needs to be spot on. A less aggressive tread with some siping would serve you better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia