What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add this to my 2022 Z71. Did you do it yourself? Pain? I got nervous when I read you have to loosen remove the front bumper fascia. At ~$400 for part only, this has got to be something I can do myself.
Yes, did it myself and got one off eBay for under $300. There’s a part number that fits 2021-2022, and then an updated part number for the 22-23. I got the older part number because of the “deal” and it worked fine.

Didn’t take the front assembly off at all, got at the back of the driver side headlight from above and below by peeling back the fender liner (look for @hdrolling thread, big help!). Little tricky getting the connector disconnected but doable. One thing that hung me up and I lost a ton of time. On the connectors you slide back the locking red tab first (release easy then a smidge more a little harder to fully release). Then squeeze the connector to get it released. The one that came with the glowtie wire harness you squeeze the outer part of the connector to release it. The one on the headlight you squeeze the inner part of the connector! You’ll see what I mean if you buy it. Since you’re pretty much doing it by feel that’s the only part that threw me, I’m lucky I didn’t break the connector. Otherwise straightforward, remove the radiator cover to run your wiring, stay clear of the grille shutters, and you’ll be good!

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that metal assembly..headache rack for inside?
Pet divider to keep our German Shepherd in the back. Could be considered a headache rack for when she’s misbehaving, haha.

Did have a back rack on one of my pickups, saved the back window on a few occasions.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pet divider to keep our German Shepherd in the back. Could be considered a headache rack for when she’s misbehaving, haha.

Did have a back rack on one of my pickups, saved the back window on a few occasions.
Ahh...didnt even think of that. Yeah, I added one to my F250 AFTER front brakes gave out on a 4-wheeler pulling it into the bed. $9k in damages (covered by insurance) later, I ordered custom headache rack. Once our 15yr old rat terrier meets his maker, we'll be getting a German Shepard.

Attachments

• 20170926_131305.jpg
    20170926_131305.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 6

brucemac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, did it myself and got one off eBay for under $300. There’s a part number that fits 2021-2022, and then an updated part number for the 22-23. I got the older part number because of the “deal” and it worked fine.

Didn’t take the front assembly off at all, got at the back of the driver side headlight from above and below by peeling back the fender liner (look for @hdrolling thread, big help!). Little tricky getting the connector disconnected but doable. One thing that hung me up and I lost a ton of time. On the connectors you slide back the locking red tab first (release easy then a smidge more a little harder to fully release). Then squeeze the connector to get it released. The one that came with the glowtie wire harness you squeeze the outer part of the connector to release it. The one on the headlight you squeeze the inner part of the connector! You’ll see what I mean if you buy it. Since you’re pretty much doing it by feel that’s the only part that threw me, I’m lucky I didn’t break the connector. Otherwise straightforward, remove the radiator cover to run your wiring, stay clear of the grille shutters, and you’ll be good!
Thank you! Huge help. I'll check out that other thread too. You don't happen to know the 2020-2021 part number do you? All I'm seeing is the newer part that includes the non-lighted rear with it. Don't need that, my Z71 is black with black emblems like yours.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Huge help. I'll check out that other thread too. You don't happen to know the 2020-2021 part number do you? All I'm seeing is the newer part that includes the non-lighted rear with it. Don't need that, my Z71 is black with black emblems like yours.
You’re welcome! Older part number is 85143902, did come with the black rear bow tie just didn’t use it. eBay seller appears to have a couple left, if you search that part number look for the one at $210. Just a pic of the box in the listing.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Imagine an AT4 w/wood like the wagon!
Hell I'm pissed the badge on our front fenders doesn't advertise the displacement of the engine like it does on the 1/2 ton pickups.

Damn shame that Jeep isn't offering the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer with "vinyl siding" on the exterior like my dear old Dad would have said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt