What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
@Cody W, can I ask what the purpose was for deleting the grille shutters? Did it have to do something with being able to fit that light bar in there?

Speaking of grille shutters, I haven't seen what they even look like - I imagine they're some sort of GM mechanism intended to boost fuel efficiency?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Cody W, can I ask what the purpose was for deleting the grille shutters? Did it have to do something with being able to fit that light bar in there?

Speaking of grille shutters, I haven't seen what they even look like - I imagine they're some sort of GM mechanism intended to boost fuel efficiency?
they operate just like window shutters except they are plastic with a plastic gear that opens and closes them as needed, and ya it's for fuel economy of course, mine are turned off with a tune, you cant just remove them or unplug them the system has a redundancy check built in so it knows if they are not working properly, I put a true-cool in the front and everything fits and works, only had to trim a small piece of plastic off of one of the shutter blades so they can move freely if re-enabled.

Cody W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Yeah I needed more space for the light bar. They are plastic and look like house blinds. They close to help the engine warm up on start, and open to cool. They also close on the highway for aerodynamics.

Cody W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They look great! Where did you buy them please. Also, wiring setup came included or how did you manage?
Thank you. They are Baja Designs s2 pair direct off their website. They come with a wiring harness if you buy the kit. Or you can buy them individually and wire them yourself.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wanted the heated steering wheel since I bought the car without the luxury package. The heated steering wheel is very nice in the winter on snow trips etc.
I order the following parts:
Heated Steering Wheel PN: 84483796
Clock spring for 2018+ w/ heated steering wheel PN: 84186645

Ordered from GMPartsStore and they shipped quick and I installed this morning. Took about 45mins when following along with the video of the "Tinkering Fox" guy doing it on his Sierra.
Pulling the knee guard back enough to get to all the wires (specifically removing the old clock spring) was the hardest part. I have big hands so it's tough to get in there, but I made it work.
Here are some pics.
steeringwheel2.jpg
steeringwheel.jpg
steeringwheel3.jpg
I was very happy and felt satisfied when I saw the little orange light come on after all that work haha and once it felt warm I was happy the conversion was complete!
Also, a fresh new leather steering wheel after 50k miles is sure nice.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wanted the heated steering wheel since I bought the car without the luxury package. The heated steering wheel is very nice in the winter on snow trips etc.
I order the following parts:
Heated Steering Wheel PN: 84483796
Clock spring for 2018+ w/ heated steering wheel PN: 84186645

Ordered from GMPartsStore and they shipped quick and I installed this morning. Took about 45mins when following along with the video of the "Tinkering Fox" guy doing it on his Sierra.
Pulling the knee guard back enough to get to all the wires (specifically removing the old clock spring) was the hardest part. I have big hands so it's tough to get in there, but I made it work.
Here are some pics.
View attachment 348862
View attachment 348863
View attachment 348864
I was very happy and felt satisfied when I saw the little orange light come on after all that work haha and once it felt warm I was happy the conversion was complete!
Also, a fresh new leather steering wheel after 50k miles is sure nice.
Very nice. My Denali is the first car I’ve ever had that came with all the “bells and whistles”. And honestly the heated steering wheel is one of my absolute favorites

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts