What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what I picked off from eBay. The coil springs bolted up perfectly because GM hasn’t change the rear frames of these trucks for almost 20 years I left the rubber coil spacer in at the top and after a couple hundred miles everything settled and it sits perfectly level at exactly 2 inch drop. It rides really well to and with a load of people it does really well. Just one tip, there’s two different springs, one for the models with auto ride with the air shocks and one for the models with just the basic premium ride. The ones here are the ones for models with the premium ride suspension without the air adjustability.

and honestly having it down 2 inches really helps with loading and unloading. The rear hatch height isn’t a big of a deal because I’m only 5‘7“. But for those closer to 6 feet in height they’ll have to duck their head a little bit.

View attachment 247364
thank you very much for your reply

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, until I saw these reviews...

https://www.bulbfacts.com/hid-oe/chart/

Those Kelvin ratings Osram is labeling their packaging with is BS. It's science and numbers, you can't all of a sudden say a 7k is now brighter just because Osram says it is. That's like the Weather Channel now saying "Oh we decided that 70 degrees is now the new 85 degrees."

That "7k" Osram labeled their CBBs is not actually 7k. The link you shared even shows all the capsules going up in the Kelvin scale also dropping in Lumen.

Page1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those Kelvin ratings Osram is labeling their packaging with is BS. It's science and numbers, you can't all of a sudden say a 7k is now brighter just because Osram says it is. That's like the Weather Channel now saying "Oh we decided that 70 degrees is now the new 85 degrees."

That "7k" Osram labeled their CBBs is not actually 7k. The link you shared even shows all the capsules going up in the Kelvin scale also dropping in Lumen.

Completely agree! Lucky for me I really don’t care about the temperature on the packaging.. I prefer the look balanced with the lux/lumens, and the CBIs and CBBs looked to be the best two options.

Vendors need to evaluate their marketing a little closer

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agree! Lucky for me I really don’t care about the temperature on the packaging.. I prefer the look balanced with the lux/lumens, and the CBIs and CBBs looked to be the best two options.

Vendors need to evaluate their marketing a little closer

I think it's like he said at the end of the video where Osram pretty much catered to the buyer who goes for the "numbers"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia