What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated my Xineering Shock Sims to their new OBD unit this morning. My Shock sims for some reason kept throwing error messages, even after I cleared it with the software x100. We tried everything over months and nothing worked, so finally they sent me the new toy - their OBD solution, and man it worked like a charm. Also, shout out to Max and Bill over there for seeing this thing thru to completion for me. Class act, and a refined product.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New mods this weekend. Installed Norcalss 2/4 drop kit, Spohn Panhard bar and Eibach front and rear swaybars. Also installed new AcDelco hub bearings and did mod on splash shields for Wilwoods

Resized_20210811_152248(1).jpegResized_20210814_152414.jpegResized_20210813_145206.jpegResized_20210813_083058.jpegResized_20210814_171515.jpeg

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big fluid change day!
Did a full transmission fluid change and filter swap. Siphoned out through the dip stick until I got air then dropped the pan. Cleaned out the pan and the little magnet and changed gasket and filter.
Then changed the transfer case ATF.
Then changed both front and rear diff fluid and cleaned both magnets really well. (Rear diff has a ring magnet attached to the housing on the inside of the bottom for those who don’t know.)
Then changed the motor oil and filter.
Ready for some long road trips and a busy snow season at the end of the year.
I just did all this to the Yukon. Dealer did trans because 10 speed. Still a little sore from that one...

I haven't done the rear differential though. What fluid did you use? I put royal purple 75/90 in the front. Owners manual says 75/85 for the rear but options are super limited and pricey

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did all this to the Yukon. Dealer did trans because 10 speed. Still a little sore from that one...

I haven't done the rear differential though. What fluid did you use? I put royal purple 75/90 in the front. Owners manual says 75/85 for the rear but options are super limited and pricey
I used Royal Purple in front and rear. Both 75/90.
It’s not enough difference to make a difference in my opinion.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Royal Purple in front and rear. Both 75/90.
It’s not enough difference to make a difference in my opinion.
My thought as well. I wanted another opinion before I did it though. Is the rear gasket reuseable? How many quarts and do you fill it until it ran out? I think Denali has a little different rear end but I've seen some stuff say the fluid level needs to be a little below the fill plug. I've never heard of that before. I've always filled them until it runs out?

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought as well. I wanted another opinion before I did it though. Is the rear gasket reuseable? How many quarts and do you fill it until it ran out? I think Denali has a little different rear end but I've seen some stuff say the fluid level needs to be a little below the fill plug. I've never heard of that before. I've always filled them until it runs out?
Yes it's reusable, it's rubber and metal. I just used a razor blade to clean up the surfaces (obviously). And lots of brakecleaner to clean everything out before sealing it back up. And yeah, parked on a level surface, I just poured it in until it overflowed (same approach with front diff and then the ATF in the transfer case). And based on how many quarts I had, the amount I used lined right up to what the owners manual called for.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's reusable, it's rubber and metal. I just used a razor blade to clean up the surfaces (obviously). And lots of brakecleaner to clean everything out before sealing it back up. And yeah, parked on a level surface, I just poured it in until it overflowed (same approach with front diff and then the ATF in the transfer case). And based on how many quarts I had, the amount I used lined right up to what the owners manual called for.
After more reading, I ordered the Mobil 1 delvac 75/90 for the rear. I'll get it changed out this week/weekend. Thanks for the reassurance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n