What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big fluid change day!
Did a full transmission fluid change and filter swap. Siphoned out through the dip stick until I got air then dropped the pan. Cleaned out the pan and the little magnet and changed gasket and filter.
Then changed the transfer case ATF.
Then changed both front and rear diff fluid and cleaned both magnets really well. (Rear diff has a ring magnet attached to the housing on the inside of the bottom for those who don’t know.)
Then changed the motor oil and filter.
Ready for some long road trips and a busy snow season at the end of the year.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big fluid change day!
Did a full transmission fluid change and filter swap. Siphoned out through the dip stick until I got air then dropped the pan. Cleaned out the pan and the little magnet and changed gasket and filter.
Then changed the transfer case ATF.
Then changed both front and rear diff fluid and cleaned both magnets really well. (Rear diff has a ring magnet attached to the housing on the inside of the bottom for those who don’t know.)
Then changed the motor oil and filter.
Ready for some long road trips and a busy snow season at the end of the year.
How many miles on the tahoe? Haven't had the opportunity to drive my 2019 suburban much. 9350 miles total. finally added 6K this year!

Reaction score
I think the backup camera's resolution at nighttime is slightly better than that of a potato, so I swapped out the license plate bulbs with Sylvania LEDs in hopes of brightening it up back there. Haven't had a chance to see if there's any noticeable diff yet :shrug:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the tahoe? Haven't had the opportunity to drive my 2019 suburban much. 9350 miles total. finally added 6K this year!
47,500ish right now. Bought it CPO with 38,000 miles on it.
I figure spending an extra hundred bucks or two now is worth it in the long run because I plan on holding onto this Tahoe for a long long time. Plus since I did the maintenance myself, I know it’s been done correctly.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the backup camera's resolution at nighttime is slightly better than that of a potato, so I swapped out the license plate bulbs with Sylvania LEDs in hopes of brightening it up back there. Haven't had a chance to see if there's any noticeable diff yet :shrug:
I have really bright LEDs in my tag lights and my reverse lights and now it's a slightly better potato

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a dealer oil change scheduled today, cancelled due to tech strike. Went to a local shop and was impressed with the service. Dealer never noticed or acknowledged the catch cans. One kid working on the change opened the hood and went wide eyed. Looked at the cans and said you buy this new? I said yes, he pointed to the cans and I smiled. I said yes I installed them right away and they work great. He said they work even better on high performance engines and was impressed. Looks like the dealer lost the work, local shop gained a customer.
catchcans.jpg

20210721_1518002.jpg

Reaction score
I have really bright LEDs in my tag lights and my reverse lights and now it's a slightly better potato
Still haven't reversed in the dark yet, so results are TBD. But, it sure doesn't bode well for me that you upfitted your license plate bulbs AND reverse lights to yield only a slightly better potato. Oh well, I guess as long as it's not worse off somehow...

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here, i have a cree led style in the reverse lights...it is better, but the resolution leaves alot to be desired for such a pricey vehicle.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here, i have a cree led style in the reverse lights...it is better, but the resolution leaves alot to be desired for such a pricey vehicle.
Agreed. I too have upgraded my reverse lights. My wife’s $25,000 VW has a crystal clear camera. Puts my ~$60,000 Tahoe camera to shame during the day and night.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a dealer oil change scheduled today, cancelled due to tech strike. Went to a local shop and was impressed with the service. Dealer never noticed or acknowledged the catch cans. One kid working on the change opened the hood and went wide eyed. Looked at the cans and said you buy this new? I said yes, he pointed to the cans and I smiled. I said yes I installed them right away and they work great. He said they work even better on high performance engines and was impressed. Looks like the dealer lost the work, local shop gained a customer.
View attachment 346569

View attachment 346568

$650 full price or $570 on sale thats pretty steep for catch can or cans. I just watched video. He keept saying WOT. Cmon. Way too many hoses, tees and check valves to go bad
There is baffle on both valve covers so oil will have hard time reaching intake pipe in stock form
But if you liked, more power to you

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman

Latest posts