What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 225235 View attachment 225234
Wrapped the window trim today. Only have the door handles to do and get black lug nuts.

I also ordered my rear drop kit from Norcal today. Going to level it with a 2.5 drop. Only until I need new tires , then I’m going the other way.
how hard was wrapping the window trim? I've got the supplies in the garage...just need to get off my butt

Akinshake

Reaction score
how hard was wrapping the window trim? I've got the supplies in the garage...just need to get off my butt

Kinda sucks, but it’s kinda fun, as long as you tell yourself you’re saving $1500 doing it yourself and that you will probably want to redo it sometime down the road. There is certainly a learning curve but I’ve got less than 150$ In vinyl and that’s enough to wrap the truck and rewrap most of it. Pm me if you want some more tips and details, offer open to anyone. I don’t know much but I’m glad to share with what I’ve learned not to do.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda sucks, but it’s kinda fun, as long as you tell yourself you’re saving $1500 doing it yourself and that you will probably want to redo it sometime down the road. There is certainly a learning curve but I’ve got less than 150$ In vinyl and that’s enough to wrap the truck and rewrap most of it. Pm me if you want some more tips and details, offer open to anyone. I don’t know much but I’m glad to share with what I’ve learned not to do.
Thx. Good to know

Mainly I’m curious how to get the trim off to wrap.

I need to finish wiring my tow mirrors. So might as well pop the trim off while I have the door panel off

Akinshake

Reaction score
Thx. Good to know

Mainly I’m curious how to get the trim off to wrap.

I need to finish wiring my tow mirrors. So might as well pop the trim off while I have the door panel off

I wrapped it all on the truck. It might be more effort than it’s worth to take it off. The bottom window trim will not benefit being off since where the chrome meets the rubber trim are not separate pieces.

Are you going to lose your side blind zone alert?

Akinshake

Reaction score
Love your Denali. How dark are your windows? And where did you find the grille?

Thanks man! They are 5% front two, I think 5% over factory on back if I’m not mistaken and 50% windshield. All ceramic. eBay for the grill. It’s not a factory quality, but 5ft away you will never know the difference. The dealership said a new grill wouldn’t fit on a 2016 because of some mounting something but still really don’t believe them.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash, vacuum, condition leather, clay, sealant (2x), tire shine. 107 degree heat index lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645