What did I break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brady1287

Reaction score
So I went to check out my wife's throttle body because it was making noises. In the process of doing it in the dark I broke some line that comes from the passenger side valve cover area into the air intake right before the throttle body. It's a 09 and I can not find the part for it. I keep seeing PVC tubes when I google it but then it says it wont fit. It's a 09 tahoe hybrid 6.0. Thank you in advance

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s the “clean side” of your PCV system. There’s a hose that connects your passenger side valve cover to the intake before the throttle body that creates a vacuum due to the air entering your TB. Not sure what they call that hose but it is part of the PCV system.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that line can be swapped out for a rubber hose in the mean time until you get the correct one if you want to keep it stock looking under there.

OP
OP
B

Brady1287

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies everyone. I will get a picture after work. Thank you for the information and I like the idea of the rubber line until I can find the name of the part

OP
OP
B

Brady1287

Reaction score
From my description that should be it right? I cant seem to find a good shot of the two connector ends to know for sure

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I hope so. You may not know for sure till you look deeper. I am just glad Rocket Man came up with the correct description. I had no "freakin'" idea till he chimed in.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From my description that should be it right? I cant seem to find a good shot of the two connector ends to know for sure
No. The purge valve is on the vapor canister which is at the opposite end of your truck, back by the gas tank. I’ll see if I can locate the right part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255