What came with third row package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything else that came with the third row seat option beyond the seat and mounts?

Are there differences between the second row seats to enable access?

We're looking for a 2003-2004 Tahoe/Yukon, and the two real requirements are tow package, and third row seating.

I've found a few that are nicely optioned but don't have the third row seat. Figure it might be easier to add one that wait for the perfect options.

Apologies if this has been covered to death, the search feature doesn't like the words "third" and "row". Go figure.

Thanks!

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as your cargo area has the locking points in the floor, you can add a seat no problem. i think at this point, its more of a "does it still have the seat" vs "did it come equipped for it" because i dont honestly think they ever came without the mounting points. i could be wrong but ive owned a denali and an escalade, and ive seen many many others and it seems like they all have the floor hooks

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has to be some difference in the 2nd row bench, because how would you get to the 3rd row? Do they expect you to flip the seat back like when you haul cargo every time someone gets in and out of the 3rd row? I have the 3rd row, but I also have buckets in the second row, so I have room in the middle to access the 3rd row.

Bikeboy80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has to be some difference in the 2nd row bench, because how would you get to the 3rd row? Do they expect you to flip the seat back like when you haul cargo every time someone gets in and out of the 3rd row? I have the 3rd row, but I also have buckets in the second row, so I have room in the middle to access the 3rd row.

The second row benches I have seen including mine are a 30/70 split to give access to the third row.

Are there second row benches that are only one piece?

CenCalRacing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 02 Z71 didn't come with the 3rd row, but... I got a 3rd row seat and the brackets (holes were there) and got it going! Wife was thrilled, and I ended up being only $600 into it with practically new seats and brackets.

OP
OP
J

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, given how many are probably sitting in garages I'm not going to let the third row (or lack thereof) stop a good purchase, given that we'll likely only use it a few times a year like when my folks are in town.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will warn you now, the third ow is only good for children under 3 foot tall, maybe 3.5.

vetsvette

Reaction score
My third row seat option came with a free Suburban. Don't know about a Tahoe, but mine fits a couple of teenagers without a problem. I personally wouldn't want to have to climb in and out of it though.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have the split seats for access so for those who get the very back seats they have to climb in and out or someone has to lower the seat for them to climb out. I would't want to do it all the time personally.

toneman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i will warn you now, the third ow is only good for children under 3 foot tall, maybe 3.5.
I could be wrong, but I think the above applies more to those who have the short bus (e.g., Tahoe/Yukon) rather than to those who have the long bus (e.g., Suburban, Yukon XL). IIRC on the short bus the third row sits much closer to the rear axle so by design it will sit a wee bit higher on a short bus than it does on a long bus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chazbeaux