Lemon '22 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arkansasmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In Feb of '23, I purchased a '21 Yukon Denali with 4,800 miles on it. On the way home from the dealer, error messages started popping up on the display. Cruise control, lane departure warning, and several other things quit working. Over the next 4 months, there were multiple repair attempts, multiple delays waiting for parts, and multiple unfulfilled promises made by the dealership and GM's dispute resolution department. It was out of service for 59 days of the first 113 days I owned it. Ultimately they declined to offer me anything at all. No buyback, no credit towards a new vehicle, and no offer for an extended warranty. Nothing. I'm currently waiting for BBB Auto to schedule an arbitration date. Currently parked in my garage is a C8 Corvette, a Cadillac XT6 and a Yukon Denali. Barring a surprising change from GM, those will be the last GM products I ever buy.

arkansasmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BBB Auto finally made the request for an arbitration date. Less than 24 hours later, GM contacts me offering credit towards a new vehicle.
This was my experience as well. For nearly 2 months GM said that my vehicle didn't qualify as a Lemon, and they offered me nothing. BBB Auto (who was also difficult to deal with) finally requested an arbitration date, and less than 24 hours later, GM offered credit towards new vehicle. My preference is a refund so I can go buy whatever I want. I haven't decided whether to accept their offer or go to arbitration.

djsassan

Reaction score
Can you please direct message me to help me out with this? I am considering the replacement or buyback but not sure which is better for me.
I just went through the buyback last month. It was VERY difficult to find a dealer in my area willing to do a replacement because according to all of them, it would take away an allocation from a very limited and hard to get vehicle. However, we did the buyback where I got a full refund, then used that to buy something on the lot that was available and done.

OP
OP
S

stevoburito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update for October 2, 2023: My experience with the local dealer is very poor, GM has finally processed my claim and now I waiting for 2024 production to begin for my new vehicle. I ordered a premier trim Tahoe with a few extra bells and whistles. Overall my experience has been very poor with GM as a whole. After this vehicle I don't think I will ever buy a GM product again.

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It stinks to be on the receiving end, but it seems like most dealers are not going to move you to the head of the line when you purchased elsewhere.