What bulbs are people using to replace the DRL bulbs? LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the JDM ASTARs. Very versatile bulb and looks more like the Halogen headlights than the the traditional incandescents. With these in the DRL and backup lights, the vehicle is also very well lit at night when approaching and unlocking. I put a smaller version in my fogs as well.
While I have never tried the set of LEDs I use in my DRLs as reverse lights, I use this JDM ASTAR 1200 lumen 144 chip LED reverse lights. I have a feeling they produce a brighter and more uniform light than what is coming from the DRLs.
Take a look at these action photos of them.

They are crazy bright!

I didn't use them in my DRL sockets because they tend to melt down if ran continuously, but for use as a reverse bulb, they don't stay on long enough to get too hot.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the jdm Astars in my reverse lights and I highly recommend them, they are super bright and look great. As for the drls I use a set of the 4114 bulbs from hidkitpros.com. They are super nice as well and they back them with a 2 year warranty I believe. I have been running mine for over a year with no issues and I will buy the same replacements when they go.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have JDM Astars in my reverse lights. I think I also have jdms in my DRL bulbs. But I’m not sure which ones I went with. I had ebay specials in my DRL and they burned out in like 7 or 8 months. They were amber and I went with white LED replacements. So far no problems with the white replacements.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9