What brakes to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all jinxed me with all this brake talk. I think im going to have to run through the Yukons brakes this summer. I know the front is ok on pads but the rotors were getting their fair share of wear from the prior owner. Never been in the rears but Im gonna have to open them up and if I do that then I will just new everything and be done with it. I dont like doing stuff twice.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
make sure you have 17" or larger rims or the rotors won't fit if doing the NNBS swap. also don't forget the spare, that would suck ass if you needed it and got a flat and the spare wouldn't fit lol

You just put the spare on the rear first.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For rotors I always use Centric Premium, on this truck I'll be putting the Centric Sport Slotted up front, Premium in the rear.

For pads I always use Akebono ProACT or Performance series (ASP pn's). The ProACT is OEM quality replacement, and Performance series is their higher end for better stopping. Sometimes Rockauto puts the ASP pads in the "Heavy Duty" and the ProACT in the "Performance" sections, making it look like the ACT is a step up from ASP, but its actually the other way around.

ali saleh

Reaction score
Duralast Gold from Autozone is excelent pads they had them for last 20k miles front and back they still look new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barakawins