What brakes to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at RockAuto's website, and their Powerstop rotors and pads. If I'm spending the money, I might as well do the NNBS upgrade, and add the SS front lines. My question is: what "level" of braking power is worth the money? Are the Daily Driver level more than adequate, or should I step up to the Premium or Heavy Duty? Are the Premium or Heavy Duty worth the extra coin?

Or any other recommendations? I've sent a message to R1 Concepts on June 3rd, but have yet to get a reply.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I just did the NNBS conversion on the weekend. my brakes were still 80% but I wanted to do the Black drilled and slotted so I changed everything. I just got the ceramic pads and It stops night and day different.
When I was looking on line I think our trucks take the Green pads.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony aka NorcalSS can hook you up on R1 Concepts brakes, had them on my OBS and loved them, on my NBS Esky I've got hydroboost, SS brake hoses, and stock sized Wagner brakes with ceramic pads stops great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a link to this NNBS conversion?
No link necessary. Front caliper brackets from a 07-14 NNBS bolt directly on, and allow the use of larger rotors and pads, increasing stopping power - most upgrade the rubber hoses to the calipers to stainless steel when doing the conversion, helps a little more. The 00-06 rear brakes are actually better than the 07+ rears, so nobody swaps those out - unless you are doing a full blown big brake upgrade ($$$).

OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony aka NorcalSS can hook you up on R1 Concepts brakes, had them on my OBS and loved them, on my NBS Esky I've got hydroboost, SS brake hoses, and stock sized Wagner brakes with ceramic pads stops great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already got hydroboost on mine too, but might as well go all out. All depends on what I actually need replacing.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm ordering parts now. I've asked a couple spots already, but does anyone know....

1. It's the Goodridge 14196 (6 lines) what I need for a 2006 Z71 with JL4 as opposed the the 14185 5 line kit?

2. what's the difference between PowerStop calipers s4918 and s4918A?

Also thoughts on EBC 7000 series green stuff over 6000 series?

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No link necessary. Front caliper brackets from a 07-14 NNBS bolt directly on, and allow the use of larger rotors and pads, increasing stopping power - most upgrade the rubber hoses to the calipers to stainless steel when doing the conversion, helps a little more. The 00-06 rear brakes are actually better than the 07+ rears, so nobody swaps those out - unless you are doing a full blown big brake upgrade ($$$).
Hmm, no kidding....I'll have to keep that in mind when its time to do my brakes.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
make sure you have 17" or larger rims or the rotors won't fit if doing the NNBS swap. also don't forget the spare, that would suck ass if you needed it and got a flat and the spare wouldn't fit lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts