What are these lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SenorWickedStix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Noticed these lights in the back of the Tahoe when in reverse. Any ideas what they are for?

Attachments

• E98A009F-E79D-4426-8E48-0F667EDCEB72.jpeg
    E98A009F-E79D-4426-8E48-0F667EDCEB72.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 13

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed these lights in the back of the Tahoe when in reverse. Any ideas what they are for?

Visual indicators for the Parking Assist Sensors. Specific details are in the owner's manual. Basically, the yellow ones illuminate when you're within a certain distance of an object and the red one illuminates when you're within something like 12" of it. I think all three will flash if you're going too fast in reverse for the system to be effective, and I think threshold is 5 MPH. The lights are accompanied by tones from the front left door speaker. I guess they have the lights in case you have the tones turned off.

Reaction score
Visual indicators for the Parking Assist Sensors. Specific details are in the owner's manual. Basically, the yellow ones illuminate when you're within a certain distance of an object and the red one illuminates when you're within something like 12" of it. I think all three will flash if you're going too fast in reverse for the system to be effective, and I think threshold is 5 MPH. The lights are accompanied by tones from the front left door speaker. I guess they have the lights in case you have the tones turned off.
I'm guessing that's for models without the Nav screen or backup cam?

Reaction score
It is what @iamdub stated. I have them in my 07 Denali.
Do you also have a nav screen and backup cam, or no nav and backup cam in the mirror? Just curious, because neither of my Denalis had those lights and when I back up the objects picked up by the sensors have flashing boxes around them along with the beeping through the speakers

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you also have a nav screen and backup cam, or no nav and backup cam in the mirror? Just curious, because neither of my Denalis had those lights and when I back up the objects picked up by the sensors have flashing boxes around them along with the beeping through the speakers
We had them in our 2007 Denali with NAV and Camera. Our 2013 does not have them. Can't remember if our 2008 Denali or our 2009 Suburban LTZ, both with NAV and Camera, had them.

OP
OP
SenorWickedStix

SenorWickedStix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh. Makes total sense. Lol. I’m not used to all the fancy this thing has.

OP
OP
SenorWickedStix

SenorWickedStix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s got onstar, navigation, back up cam, full dvd entertainment system. Seriously the fanciest vehicle I’ve ever owned. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu