what are the bose stock radio specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krajniak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so im gonna upgrade my stock speakers in my '09 suburban with the Bose system and was wondering what Ohms and output watts the radio is? I had a door panel off today and the speakers was ripped, so im sure the others are too or are shortly behind them. Any help would be appreciated. I used the search function with no luckIMG_20220301_150656182.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bose speakers have non-standard impedances in the range of 1 to 2 Ohms (versus standard speakers typically having a 4 Ohm impedance). So, any aftermarket speaker that you use will restrict the full power of the Bose amp, due to an impedance mismatch. It will still play, but you may not get the top volume output that you want.

I don't know specifically what the output wattage is for the Bose amplifier to the door and post speakers, but I would guess that it is around 40 - 60 RMS watts per channel.

When I upgraded my audio system, I completely stripped out the Bose system and replaced it with aftermarket components of my choice, as I am not a fan of the Bose sound system.

jmil1974

Reaction score
Front door 6.5 woofers are ~2 ohms. Rear door 5.25 woofers are ~4 ohms. Sub is I THINK 2 ohms, will ohm it when I get to that stage. I have a wiring diagram for the Bose setup but no power specs. I am betting ~35 wpc, double that for the "sub".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094