What’s everyone using the reattach “wood” ring around steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine is starting to pull away at the top.
I used some epoxy, even though I didn't mix it properly it took a couple months to sort of cure but it's holding now for sure, the ring is basically just glued to the leather so I would just use whatever will dry clear so if you get a little to much on it you'll never notice, once I put it on there I just took a toothpick and cleaned the edges up, zip tied it together and let it dry, I wouldn't recommend the zip ties though if you are going to be driving it a shoe string wrapped around it and tied would work though

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used some epoxy, even though I didn't mix it properly it took a couple months to sort of cure but it's holding now for sure, the ring is basically just glued to the leather so I would just use whatever will dry clear so if you get a little to much on it you'll never notice, once I put it on there I just took a toothpick and cleaned the edges up, zip tied it together and let it dry, I wouldn't recommend the zip ties though if you are going to be driving it a shoe string wrapped around it and tied would work though

You could use an ACE bandage as well. It has some stretch so it can apply pressure and still provide some grip if you need to drive.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll definitely be driving it so using something to secure it makes sense. Never thought of replacing the wheel. I’ve been looking for some interior mods to do maybe I’ll have a look see at any aftermarket or GM upgrades.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A garbage can.

Ok, joking.

I just did the heated wheel upgrade and the non-wood heated wheels are out of production so I had no choice but to get the wood wheel. I'm trying out different 3M 1080 wraps to make the trim ring match my truck but i'm starting to consider just ripping that ring off and having the wheel re-leathered. It's expensive but that ring is just the worst. Such a frikin stupid idea.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. Nice. If it didn’t leave a hole I would go that route. My heater went out a few years back. Got real hot one day then died. I have some 3M might give it a go as mine is only partially off from 10:00-2:00

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A garbage can.

Ok, joking.

I just did the heated wheel upgrade and the non-wood heated wheels are out of production so I had no choice but to get the wood wheel. I'm trying out different 3M 1080 wraps to make the trim ring match my truck but i'm starting to consider just ripping that ring off and having the wheel re-leathered. It's expensive but that ring is just the worst. Such a frikin stupid idea.

Im the opposite. I actually want the wood grain wheel

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. Nice. If it didn’t leave a hole I would go that route. My heater went out a few years back. Got real hot one day then died. I have some 3M might give it a go as mine is only partially off from 10:00-2:00

Yeah i'm going to have to have the leather removed, new padding installed (to get rid of the indentation) and then have new leather done too. The advantage is that this way I can get the thread done in red to match my seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645