Wet driver/passenger carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having some issues with wet carpet in the front flooring area. I have yet to have time to troubleshoot but didn't know if anyone had insight as to what it might be. I have a sunroof but I don't see any damp areas up top side. Also, the gasket for the doors and also the gasket under the coal for the fresh air intake, does anyone have part #'s. Like I said I have yet to have time to check on this. Just hoping to narrow it down before I begin.

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the sunroof. I took the headliner down and disconnected the hoses. Blew it out with air both ways. Put it back and poured water through it. No leaks up top and got water out under the drive side behind the wheel. Looking at the driver door seal on the front top where it bends down it looks to be a little loose. But it seems hard to believe to me that both the driver and passenger door seal would have gone bad. Next check before I replace door seals is the cowl under the windshield wipers. I am adding a pic of where the door seal appeared to be slightly pulled back. It was slightly pulled back in that bend.

image.jpg

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled out the driver and passenger door seal and it looks as though there is some slight signs of rust in the track of the seals. That would seem to lead to both of them leaking? The windshield doesn't have the gm emblem on it though so I'm assuming it has been replaced at some point.

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pouring water down around the cowl on the drivers side and after a minute I seen some water coming in at the bottom of the driver floor. One of the screws that hold the cowl down on the driver side is cracked away from the cowl. Could this be the place where water is coming in? Or should it? And what's the easiest way to get the wipers pried away from the spline?

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on your leak? I have the same issue but water is just on the drivers side carpet. I taped off my sunroof and the carpet is still getting wet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boom313