Wet Passenger Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help, I have an intermittent problem of wet carpet in the passenger side floorboard. It is not from the heater core. My AC drips out a tube in the cowl. I don't think it is the sunroof leaking, as it has done it on dry days.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it getting wet when specifically the AC or heat is on? How wet is it getting? If your positive it isn't the heater core I'd make sure the carpet is dry and then spent some time spraying down the truck with a hose to verify it isn't coming through a seal somewhere. I had a light bar mounted on my truck for a while above the windshield with the mounts that attach to the door pillars. Those small mounts moved my door seal just enough to let water in. You might just have some dirt or leaves in the door seal that are preventing it from making a good seal. I'd check that the seals are clean and clipped on right. I didn't even notice mine was leaking until winter when I found a bunch of ice building up in the door jams. This one might sound dumb but I have thought my heater core was leaking before after touching the carpet, it felt wet but is was actually just cold from the AC blowing on it. Press a dry tissue or paper towel into the carpet and see if it actually absorbs water up. If it does and it has a color to it, its 99% of the time going to be from the heater core. Next time its wet start pulling covers off and see if you can track it down. If it were coming from the sunroof you probably see stains in the surrounding headliner.

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem on a Toyota, turn out it was a leak from the cowl behind the hood where the windshield wipers are mounted, it would trickle in from there into the cabin. I pulled it all apart and used silicone to seal all potential culprits and it ended up working..... Let us know if you find it

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny my neighbors yukon (2005) just did this and he found the culprit this morning, water (rain) goes through wiper cowl down through the fresh air intake (Where the blower motor goes)

Looking up where the blower motor goes (Fresh air intake)
image_24.jpg

image_25.jpg

Maybe this is your culprit

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check post 9856

Just fixed my buddies water problem

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=897487#post897487

Sorry I was being lazy - Ill just post it here:

helped my buddy on his 05 Yukon -

He kept having soaked front passenger floorboard and we easily found the culprit, it was a piece under the wiper cowl, the seal had given out on the access panel to the fresh air intake area, if anyone is having this water problem it can be a myriad of reasons but in this case this is what it was - just resealed it - good to go now

From inside the cab near floor board looking up:
image_24.jpg

image_28.jpg

New WEATHER STRIP for the heck of it
image_27.jpg

THIS IS WHERE WATER WAS GETTING BY - This sits directly over the screened fresh air intake, leading water straight to you box and into your floor board

image_30.jpg

Last edited:

Firm

Reaction score
I realize this thread is almost 2 years old, but Coatwolf's post is exactly the issue I am having; water from the blower area running down that rubber splash panel on the inside of the firewall and onto the floorboard. Since the symptoms are identical I am fairly sure my leak is coming from that same access panel.
Firstly, thanks for the awesome post, it makes tracking this stuff so much easier.

Secondly, can someone tell me how I would go about removing the wiper cowl to access this panel?

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weatherstripping you replaced there, did you just buy some weatherstrip and form it to the needed size or is there a part # for that weatherstripping?

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pouring water down around the cowl on the drivers side and after a minute I seen some water coming in at the bottom of the driver floor. One of the screws that hold the cowl down on the driver side is cracked away from the cowl. Could this be the place where water is coming in? Or should it? And what's the easiest way to get the wipers pried away from the spline? Anybody???

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And also, the cowl is missing the rubber seal at the top that runs across the windshield. I don't know if that could make it leak.

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the gasket around the fresh air intake and also siliconed around the plastic cover. I sprayed water and appear to have fixed the leak on the passenger side. I also found the leak(I hope) on the drivers side. At the floorboard if you pull back the carpet and up under the plastic plate in a weld kinda behind the foot pedal for the e brake. I sprayed good with a hose and it appears the water is coming in there, and not actually running down from anywhere else. I sprayed this spot with flex seal clear spray. I am hoping this will take care of it. I know the leak is probably coming in from somewhere else but don't know where that would be. Hoping this takes care of it.