Well i found the source of my coolant leak (big crack)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I could barely reach it to spread the JB with a small stick by pulling the grill loose.
Mines in a very accessible spot so I’m gonna give it a shot using a tool I already have and $5 of jb weld to potentially turn off that stupid low coolant light or slow the leak sounds great.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t travel out of the area so I am lucky, it’s more to get me through to buy a new radiator so I can use coolant that won’t rust my cooling components its like $40 a day worth of coolant I leak I also have AAA towing unlimited distance so I can gamble on a janky fix lmaoooooo it’s just gotta last like 2 tanks of gas I was starting to think I had a blown head gasket at least I know the source of the leak now.
Shit you can buy a new OEM radiator for 4 days worth of coolant. Seems like a no brainer. :yaoface2:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original lasting more 20 years or so?

That is actually pretty impressive for plastic and aluminum combo, if you think about it!

If a quality plastic/aluminum replacement (probably a GM direct replacement) is half as good and could last 10 years, that would be not so bad...

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit you can buy a new OEM radiator for 4 days worth of coolant. Seems like a no brainer. :yaoface2:
I haven’t used coolant in this truck since I last saw Nicole in like june when my heater hose was still leaking it’s what caused it to crack, i was running a leaking heater hose for about a week while waiting for a new one and i overheated once really badly No head gasket blown just a cracked radiator tank

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t used coolant in this truck since I last saw Nicole in like june when my heater hose was still leaking it’s what caused it to crack, i was running a leaking heater hose for about a week while waiting for a new one and i overheated once really badly No head gasket blown just a cracked radiator tank
It’s not good to run just water for an extended period, better get er fixed! Merry Christmas Eve brother.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 6.2 failed at ~65K. Sucked to install a new radiator in a vehicle with so few miles.

V327839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing on mine. 04 suburban. Driver side tank at the top. Took a while to figure out where the puddle on the ground was coming from. For the trouble, I just replaced it. I’m not patching and hoping.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original lasting more 20 years or so?

That is actually pretty impressive for plastic and aluminum combo, if you think about it!

If a quality plastic/aluminum replacement (probably a GM direct replacement) is half as good and could last 10 years, that would be not so bad...
Exactly. I replaced mine at 150k and 19 years of service just as maintenance. I went with a new OEM. I dissected the old one just to see what the oil and trans fluid coolers inside of it looked like. Everything looked new inside, the core looked great too. Pretty impressive imo. I have done a few preventive maintenance items on my truck that have impressed me. The rear wheel bearings looked new at 160k for instance. I try to go with OEM parts for the most part as far as maintenance goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518