Weird vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what I thought was a Driveline Vibration called a driveline shop and the Tech said if it is RPM related it is more likely a engine vibration.

Last edited:

68Chevysspu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 13 2wd Tahoe PPV is doing that too. Light acceleration, right at 1300 rpm. Approx 140,000 on it. It hasn’t gotten worse in the 6 or 7,000 I’ve put on it in the past year. I feel it in the seat and it’s always the same.

4DeckSam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If yours has Displacement on Demand then get a Range AMF delete from Holley. Had the same thing, gone after plugging in. could not stand that Frick’ng shudder

OP
OP
R

rrosen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to all. In response to questions:
- feel mostly in seat of pants
- just started recently so it's new

Since only under light acceleration, I'm guessing engine. But stumped on cause since no codes.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If yours has Displacement on Demand then get a Range AMF delete from Holley. Had the same thing, gone after plugging in. could not stand that Frick’ng shudder

^^^^ I was going to ask if it was the AFM kicking in and out.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year started where you could display on the dash for v4/v8 to see if dod was active? Our 11 had it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4DeckSam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I felt it upon light throttle too, but even on the freeway. You actually have light throttle then too. It was the consent in and out of V4/V8 that gives the vibrations. My display would show it going in/out. It’s like the trans was hunting for the right gear, but it was just AMF. Totally stopped after plugging in the Range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts