Weird Power Window Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This seems kind of odd...

All of a sudden, I can only roll my rear windows down from their respective switches...they won't go up. But, they will both go up with the driver's switch.

Normally, I would just figure that the switch is bad, but I find it odd that both rear door switches have the same problem at the same time.

Any ideas?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the child lock on the DIC get accidentally set? It’s easy to do when going through your settings.

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, but just to confirm, I went ahead and reset it to factory settings and there was no change.

Think it may have something to do with the body control module. I may take the switch from the front passenger side and swap it for one of the rears just to see if the problem remains.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing here. My passenger rear rolls down but not up. I figure I’ve got an 11 year old switch that’s bad.

Popayala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so i have a 2008 chevy suburb ltz and both rear window switches stopped working recently. The rear windows can only be raised and lowered from the driver door master control switches. I ordered and installed (extremely easy to swap out - look it up on youtube) and now both rear windows work from the rear door switches. I decided to further look at the old door switches and got to the electronic board and noticed a cube shape area with print that vaguely look like an expiration date(?). I believe it read 2018 (so of course I’m very curious if this really is an expiration date). Next job is to replace the exterior worn out rear window button (also easy).

Popayala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so i have a 2008 chevy suburb ltz and both rear window switches stopped working recently. The rear windows can only be raised and lowered from the driver door master control switches. I ordered and installed (extremely easy to swap out - look it up on youtube) and now both rear windows work from the rear door switches. I decided to further look at the old door switches and got to the electronic board and noticed a cube shape area with print that vaguely look like an expiration date(?). I believe it read 2018 (so of course I’m very curious if this really is an expiration date). Next job is to replace the exterior worn out rear window button (also easy).
Ok, after closer analysis, its not an expiration date on those rear window switches. I also replaced the rear exterior button that opens the rear hatch window ( youtube video assisted here too and an easy job).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts