Weathertech 3D Floor Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sarah_279

Reaction score
I did a search for these but nothing came up. I'm not sure if they're a new product in the WeatherTech line up, (does anyone know?) but they're a little different than the traditional Floor Liners. Sorry if this is a redundant post, I've not heard of them before .... maybe they're old news and I'm late to the party?

WeatherTech says they're "rubber like" with a "tactile feel."

https://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2019/tahoe/3d-floor-mats/

I know some people don't care for the regular Floor Liners as they can feel a little slippery underfoot. And I've seen a few people say the Floor Liners curl, however I've never had that problem with the past ones I've had. Apparently WeatherTech was listening to those complaints and created these. I wouldn't say they have the pliability of a regular rubber floor mat, but they are "softer" feeling than the Floor Liners and they do seem to clean up just as nice. They don't make that loud plastic-y sound if you scrape your boot on them. The logo is embossed in a subtle way. Full sill coverage if you're into that (I am) but you can trim it. The fitment is on point. Overall, I like 'em.

They don't seem to offer these "3D" liners for the 2nd row as of yet.

weathertech 3d 1.jpg weathertech 3d 2.jpg weathertech 3d 3.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of complaints of the weathertechs curling, I didn't listen and bought some and sure as a bear shit's in the woods they curled in no time, bought some other brand (can't remember the name) they just slid all over, they were cheap and I tossed them in the garbage, bought the husky weatherbeaters and couldn't be happier. If the weathertechs didn't curl up they would probably be fine they def need a re-design for these trucks anyway.

OP
OP
Sarah_279

Sarah_279

Reaction score
I get what you're saying about the curling. Although it never happened to me (I had the Floor Liners in 3 previous vehicles) I've heard tell of it from several people. This 3D product is supposed to resist curling as per their website. (the 3D mats are made from an advanced TPE compound, the Floor Liners are made from different stuff. Apparently... ) But I guess time will tell.

If these do curl on me, I'll definitely be reaching out to their customer service department for a replacement or refund. For what they charge for these, with normal use they should last a damn lifetime!

Weathertech's service department is actually pretty decent. I had purchased one of their pet seat covers awhile back and it ripped before my dog even sat on it. They sent me a new one no questions asked and told me to keep the ripped one. (I sewed it back together and now I have 2)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying about the curling. Although it never happened to me (I had the Floor Liners in 3 previous vehicles) I've heard tell of it from several people. This 3D product is supposed to resist curling as per their website. (the 3D mats are made from an advanced TPE compound, the Floor Liners are made from different stuff. Apparently... ) But I guess time will tell.

If these do curl on me, I'll definitely be reaching out to their customer service department for a replacement or refund. For what they charge for these, with normal use they should last a damn lifetime!

Weathertech's service department is actually pretty decent. I had purchased one of their pet seat covers awhile back and it ripped before my dog even sat on it. They sent me a new one no questions asked and told me to keep the ripped one. (I sewed it back together and now I have 2)
Maybe it's the California heat that made them curl, I even tried cutting the curled part off but it just kind of defeated the purpose of having them water and dirt would just go thru where I trimmed them off, just gave up on them at that point, Hopefully this new design will work better for you, time will tell.

ATX 14

Reaction score
lots of complaints of the weathertechs curling, I didn't listen and bought some and sure as a bear shit's in the woods they curled in no time, bought some other brand (can't remember the name) they just slid all over, they were cheap and I tossed them in the garbage, bought the husky weatherbeaters and couldn't be happier. If the weathertechs didn't curl up they would probably be fine they def need a re-design for these trucks anyway.

Which part of the floor mats are curling? I own weathertechs and have the front driver/passenger and the one piece floor mat for the back passenger area. I have not experienced any heat related curling here in Texas on the floor mats but the back passenger doors do close on the corners of the rear floor mats and have caused them to fold over. I typically don't read the posts on floor mats so this is new info to me. I've had my weathertechs for 2 years now with no heat related effects. Not sure if they have changed the material in the mats? Just curious.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which part of the floor mats are curling? I own weathertechs and have the front driver/passenger and the one piece floor mat for the back passenger area. I have not experienced any heat related curling here in Texas on the floor mats but the back passenger doors do close on the corners of the rear floor mats and have caused them to fold over. I typically don't read the posts on floor mats so this is new info to me. I've had my weathertechs for 2 years now with no heat related effects. Not sure if they have changed the material in the mats? Just curious.
They tend to curl down from the high point at the bottom left kick panel area on the drivers side and the the high point on the right passenger kick panel
I circled the area's in the following photo

TEC.jpg

***The Husky weatherbeaters have a very similar Design but instead of cresting like the weathertecs do they are more sleek against the kick panel and have a stiffer lip edge so they do not curl at all.

Last edited:

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They tend to curl down from the high point at the bottom left kick panel area on the drivers side and the the high point on the right passenger kick panel
I circled the area's in the following photo

View attachment 231246

***The Husky weatherbeaters have a very similar Design but instead of cresting like the weathertecs do they are more sleek against the kick panel and have a stiffer lip edge so they do not curl at all.
My WeatherTech's curled in exactly the same place.

OP
OP
Sarah_279

Sarah_279

Reaction score
Someone riding in the backseat over the weekend (a human, not my usual canine passenger) somehow folded the edge my 2nd row floor liner (I assume with their foot getting in?) and like, jammed it in the door when they closed it... causing a permanent creased fold in the liner. :eek: I'm hoping it will straighten out ... but I don't think it will. (sigh lol)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone riding in the backseat over the weekend (a human, not my usual canine passenger) somehow folded the edge my 2nd row floor liner (I assume with their foot getting in?) and like, jammed it in the door when they closed it... causing a permanent creased fold in the liner. :eek: I'm hoping it will straighten out ... but I don't think it will. (sigh lol)
you can try taking a blow dryer and heat it up real good then bend it back to how it was, that should fix it
a heat gun will work to just don't get too close