Way to determine which RPO codes can be adjusted without GM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odii

Reaction score
The way i understand it I need a Tech 2 scan tool to update RPO codes, but there are some that require GM software subscription (go to dealer).
is there a way to determine which codes would require dealer intervension before investing in getting a scanner?

Here are my RPO codes
1672491834403.png

@MassHoe04's post > here < was pretty helpful but im not sure if the things i need/want to adjust would be things i can do myself anyhow, and I'm trying to be smart with my $

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You use the Tech 2 to troubleshoot for the most part, 95+% of the Tech 2's usage by you.

There are modules that need to be re-programmed, if you replace them, and a Tech 2 or similar bi-directional scanner and a subscription to GM Techline Connect will be required to do the re-programming.

OP
OP
Odii

Odii

Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate your insight

any idea for this specific example: the disable of the DRL can be un-deleted with or without GM techline connect?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen anything in my Tech 2 that would eliminate DRL. Other folks may chime in on this.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks to me like the OP is trying to re-enable inactivated (PPV) DRLs, to activate them.

I *suppose* it could be done by programming the BCM for the functionality of a VIN that had all other RPO codes the same, but that's just a guess.

OP
OP
Odii

Odii

Reaction score
Looks to me like the OP is trying to re-enable inactivated (PPV) DRLs, to activate them.

I *suppose* it could be done by programming the BCM for the functionality of a VIN that had all other RPO codes the same, but that's just a guess.
Yes, thank you - I think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

my apologies if i don't quite know how to articulate what I'm trying to do - a smidge new to this, but i'm a quick study.

there are some things currently disabled - from what i understand due to the RPO - and I'm trying to determine if this is something I could enable them with a Tech 2 or if this is something that would need a dealership (or place with gm subscription).

I had the likely incorrect assumption that the rpo codes could just be toggled "off" if they were "on" and/or vice-versa, but it sounds like perhaps that assumption is underappreciating how those work.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate your insight

any idea for this specific example: the disable of the DRL can be un-deleted with or without GM techline connect?
if it was a Canadian vehicle then I believe the DRL on/off function could be enabled by simply purchasing a USA light switch. In any case turning off DRL's only works per key cycle. as soon as you shut it off and restart you would have to repeat the procedure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
other than that adding functionality such as turn signal mirror or nav radio, etc requires getting all the proper equipment installed and then programming it on with a tech2 or similar tool which requires a subscription $40 for 2 years per vin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9