Water pump bypass hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
I have a 01 GMC Yukon XL SLT 3/4 ton with the 8.1 496. When looking underneath the throttle body there is a hose that goes to the water pump and back up. What is that hose called? Is it called a bypass hose? Part store is having a hard time finding it. My hose is swelled up and that's never a good thing I know its life is real short now. Looks like it could be a little pain getting it out. Any help is appreciated

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use appropriate sized reinforced rubber fuel line to replace it with quality stainless hose clamps.
Buy 1 or 2 foot and cut to length.

Nothing special about a rubber hose.

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Use appropriate sized reinforced rubber fuel line to replace it with quality stainless hose clamps.
Buy 1 or 2 foot and cut to length.

Nothing special about a rubber hose.

Ok sounds good. I will get one tomorrow and install it. Looks to be simple to install.

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Fixed the hose with a new one. Had to take the intake tube and belt and upper fan shroud off to get to the lower clamp. Replaced them with the screw type clamps. Ended up busting my knuckle and getting blood over my work. Happens when you have long fat fingers. Hardest part was getting the old swollen hose off even after cutting it and removing the clamps. Exactly what does that hose do? When I took it off there was no antifreeze that came out. Mind you the vehicle was cold for sitting over night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts