Water leak from spotlight mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a water leak from where the spotlight is mounted? I removed the kick panel where the hood latch is and the panel had water in it. The spotlight is the only area I think it would come from. The water collects on top of the retaining clip:

KICK.jpg

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This the only thing I can think of, comes down and settles on the kick panel

KICK3.jpg
KICK2.jpg

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of drops once in a while drip off the spotlight shaft when going through a car wash, but I've never had it pool up or anything. Is all the weather stepping present and in good condition?

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
I had a really bad leak. So bad it pooled up on the floor and the runner was full of water. I drilled a hole in the floor to drain it out. I ripped the sound deeding material out since that was all soaked. I then took Silicon and did my best to put it around the Light on the side of the truck where it goes into the truck.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the spotlight still mounted on your vehicle? Mine was removed but the notch was still on the frame. I was cautioned by the wife not to dump money on a 'beater' so I used a combo of black silicon and Gorilla tape. It's been over a year and I have no leakage.

If you have the spotlight still mounted, take it out and reapply some silicon.

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the spotlight still mounted on your vehicle? Mine was removed but the notch was still on the frame. I was cautioned by the wife not to dump money on a 'beater' so I used a combo of black silicon and Gorilla tape. It's been over a year and I have no leakage.

If you have the spotlight still mounted, take it out and reapply some silicon.
Yea it's still on there. I was going to pull the trim and seals to get a closer look but just have'nt had the time yet.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it's still on there. I was going to pull the trim and seals to get a closer look but just have'nt had the time yet.

It's possible that whatever they applied initially might've deteriorated over time. Regardless you should be able to remedy the problem. Good luck with the fix!

MD Tahoe 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a decent leak from the spotlight area down to the floor, driver's side. There's a few YouTube videos out there how to properly remove the spotlight. I used a couple pf rubber plugs that I bought off Amazon, gorilla tape over top, and I haven't had any leaks since then. Sealed it up nicely. Problem solved.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I picked up some nonshirinking silicone and it took care of it.

ramchol76

Reaction score
I have the same leak in the PPV I purchased recently, mine came with spotlight removed and the seller (state) sealed the hole with some ***** black stuff (still pliable). I see water coming from sealed light hole (?) through the A pillar trim, down to kick panel.

now I am not sure if the leak is from sealed hole or the windshield seal in that area. researching more