Water Leak, Drivers Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great you found and fixed your leak. I wouldn't use RTV or anything with silicon. Silicon has a tendency to peel off and nothing will stick where silicon has been. Seam sealer, urethane or drip check sealer work well.

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you post pictures of the area that you are using the sealant on? i know you said near the cowl.. and what all did you have to take off to get to it? was it necessary to take off the fenders.. ?

i have the same thing .. water pooling in the drivers side door sill and then it keeps growing until it gets in the foot well.. i could just do it like a jeep and drill a hole there at the lowest point and let it drain.. haha.. but i would like to fix it.. i cant see where mine is coming in.. but it looks like it could be running down somewhere from the rubber door seal.. as the inside of that is wet.. i pulled it off and looked at it..

@housed
Here ya go. It's by the hinge where the two top bolts are, that hold the fender. In my case the seam sealer had cracked and allowed water coming off the windshield to drain down and enter at the cracked point. You probably don't need to take the fender off, I got lucky that I didn't have to. (Sorry the pic is dirty, been a little cold to a good wash here in NJ)

Attachments

• InkedHoodLeak3.jpg
    InkedHoodLeak3.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 12
  • InkedHoodLeak5.jpg
    InkedHoodLeak5.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 12

housed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks so much sorry for the delay in responding.. i was in the mediterranean.. terrible internet connection.. mine keeps pooling in the driver side door.. i saw water inside the cabin last night during the apocalyptic rains we have been getting.. but it was raining so hard.. i couldnt pin point a leak..

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks so much sorry for the delay in responding.. i was in the mediterranean.. terrible internet connection.. mine keeps pooling in the driver side door.. i saw water inside the cabin last night during the apocalyptic rains we have been getting.. but it was raining so hard.. i couldnt pin point a leak..
I totally recommend the the food coloring trick. Drop it in a single spot and wait.
Also, peel your carpet back and dry everything. Then tape strips of papertowel to the firewall and upper floor area. Use a hose or wait for rain. Which ever paper towel strip is wet, it will help you focus closer in that area. It you food dye and the towel is colored, bingo you know wxactly where to focus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts