Wanting to install some electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read one thread some some efans bought at Advance, that worked out pretty well, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that a cheap option involved using junkyard Thunderbird fans. From what I read, this was a pretty common upgrade. Does anyone have a write-up on this process?

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I will just have to see if I am smart enough to find all of the parts, and use the diagram to make it all work! :crazy:

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually what I would like to buy, but that price! I think I only paid about $300 for the one I put on my 88 Mustang. $600 hurts the bank account a bit more. I did like that set up though for the ease of installation though. It's not entirely out of the question. I was just looking for something more affordable for now. My factory blade has two dented blades and a new one is like $300. Might just find a used one for now.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to an install I did of some electric fans almost a year ago. Any questions or if you need any pictures go ahead and ask.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/electric-fans.75406/

I have electric in mine from the mark viii install but I will be doing this one when spring rolls around. I didn't install the one in mine and I'm not too happy with the way it works. Yours looks a lot better and for the price why take a change with a junkyard fan. The only thing I will do different will be to install a cut off switch when I do deep water crossing when I'm out camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz