WANTED! 2000 to 2006 3/4 ton Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did talk to him on the phone today with a list of questions. I told him if I had to drive a 2.5 hours or more I wanted to ask some questions but he described it as a 5.7 and I did not say anything. He also said the rig was not in Bend but was at McKenzie Bridge, which is about 1 hour away. I just didn't want to drive there if there was anything that was absolutely a NO. I had lost out on a 2003 with a 6.0 earlier in the day that was in Portland, Or. 165k miles and in decent shape and at $8500 but I was second in line and it sold to the first guy and I kept lookin' and found this one.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The other thing about this 99 is no rust. The previous owner was a resident of Eugene and took meticulous care of the rig, according to the paperwork I will be getting. Strange story. The guy was a butler for a very rich family here, that worked for the family for 40+ years. He had a small mini trailer, like a pop top size, that he pulled and the current owner used it to pull a boat.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
According to Chevrolet Forum and punching in the VIN, this has a Full Float rear axle. I have a *W*O*O*D*Y* right now.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Plans change quickly around here. Big snow over the pass to where the vehicle is. He had it about 1 hour away from here but ended up taking yesterday over the pass from here to show to another possible buyer. Then the snow hit and is now stuck and is now buying time with me. I think he may have it sold to someone else for possibly more money. I don't know. It is getting to the point where buying a rig from anyone at CL is a crap shoot. May be a blessing in disguise though. I keep going back and forth on my desire for a NBS over an OBS rig. Oh well. Hell, it's my money and I can buy what makes me happy, no matter which model year I buy. I have to live with whatever I end up with.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The thread title has now changed to just the NBS years option. The search continues.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

This is a definite candidate but I hate dealing with dealers and they will not commit to the engine top/cover. I hate the Bull Bar too and know I would remove asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues