Want to purchase new mats for cocoa/shale interior- Weathertech?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I want to say, I have always loved WeartherTech products but....... 2016 Yukon black with Dune interior. I ordered them for 2nd and 3rd rows first in tan for the kids (kept front in factory carpet for wife and I). I had nothing but trouble with them rolling up at both rear doors. I contacted the manufacturer about it and they replaced them and told me to lay them out in the house for a few days before installing them. I did and after 4 days they were still rolled a little so I placed can goods on them for a week. I thought good to go!! Wrong, I installed them and when the rear doors close, they roll the mats up. I ended up removing the kick plates, cutting the mats and tucking them under. Works okay but a pain to remove for cleaning. This last year I decided time for the fronts. Driver side snaps in perfect. Passenger side doesn't have factory hold downs so they come with spikes for the bottom. Sounds good in theory but the mats still move and after a year they have rubbed a big spot in the carpet. Besides that Weather Techs tan does not match Dune. I've heard good things about the Husky's but I didn't want to take a chance so I trashed the Weather Techs and bought GM Liners.

Save your money and buy GM liners.

How are the GM mats holding up so far? The only issue I had with them was on the drivers mat, there is a cutout right where you’re “pedal foot” goes. It’s one spot that needs decent protection but doesn’t get any. At least that’s how it looks in pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jody Woody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How are the GM mats holding up so far? The only issue I had with them was on the drivers mat, there is a cutout right where you’re “pedal foot” goes. It’s one spot that needs decent protection but doesn’t get any. At least that’s how it looks in pictures.

The GM Mats are holding up well. Yes the drivers mat is cut around the pedal, but it maybe how I have my pedals set but its not an issue for me. I def would buy again. The only issue Im having is I bought the 1st and 2nd row mats now I want the 3rd row. I cant find 3rd row with 2nd row buckets, so the pass through isn't covered. I find this weird. Other than that I like them much better than Weather Tech.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GM Mats are holding up well. Yes the drivers mat is cut around the pedal, but it maybe how I have my pedals set but its not an issue for me. I def would buy again. The only issue Im having is I bought the 1st and 2nd row mats now I want the 3rd row. I cant find 3rd row with 2nd row buckets, so the pass through isn't covered. I find this weird. Other than that I like them much better than Weather Tech.

Thanks for the update. Interesting that GM doesn’t make a mat that covers the 2nd row captains seat pass through. The Weathertech is one piece for the 2nd and 3rd row and covers the pass through completely.

Maybe GM has one combined 2/3 row mat similar to the Weathertechs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan