Want to purchase new mats for cocoa/shale interior- Weathertech?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTHokieT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2017 Yukon Denali - Mineral Metallic exterior with cocoa/shale interior. I got the "tan" Weathertech mats and they do not match AT ALL! They are sending me samples of the cocoa/brown color since I do have that as an accent color.

Anyone else have any experience with this interior color and trying to find mats to match?? Photos?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2017 Yukon Denali - Mineral Metallic exterior with cocoa/shale interior. I got the "tan" Weathertech mats and they do not match AT ALL! They are sending me samples of the cocoa/brown color since I do have that as an accent color.

Anyone else have any experience with this interior color and trying to find mats to match?? Photos?

What did you end up doing?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Husky has a nice dark brown that would look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just ordered the weathertechs in cocoa for our 2015 tahoe. got all three rows for 225. they match our interior nicely. only have the fronts put in for now till i can get the back vacuumed out.

IMG_1380.jpg

Texnjpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have 2018 Mineral Metallic Denali with the same interior and i had the same problem. Ended up going with the OEM Premium liners (w/sliver GMC logo) in dune and love them. They are more of a match for the Cocoa than the shale but the color variance adds a nice contrast on the floor. Very happy w/our choice.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black matches everything.

You are absolutely right. I too have a light interior, honey brown is what they call it in the Esky. I first got the dark brown Husky liners. They were ok, but something just didn’t feel right. So I bought one tan one to try. It looked really cheap in my opinion. Then I just bought black Weathertechs for all rows. They look awesome! They give it a trucky look and not a soft look, which is what I want. And every day I look at them I’m glad I went with black. Black is the new black, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jody Woody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First I want to say, I have always loved WeartherTech products but....... 2016 Yukon black with Dune interior. I ordered them for 2nd and 3rd rows first in tan for the kids (kept front in factory carpet for wife and I). I had nothing but trouble with them rolling up at both rear doors. I contacted the manufacturer about it and they replaced them and told me to lay them out in the house for a few days before installing them. I did and after 4 days they were still rolled a little so I placed can goods on them for a week. I thought good to go!! Wrong, I installed them and when the rear doors close, they roll the mats up. I ended up removing the kick plates, cutting the mats and tucking them under. Works okay but a pain to remove for cleaning. This last year I decided time for the fronts. Driver side snaps in perfect. Passenger side doesn't have factory hold downs so they come with spikes for the bottom. Sounds good in theory but the mats still move and after a year they have rubbed a big spot in the carpet. Besides that Weather Techs tan does not match Dune. I've heard good things about the Husky's but I didn't want to take a chance so I trashed the Weather Techs and bought GM Liners.

Save your money and buy GM liners.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I want to say, I have always loved WeartherTech products but....... 2016 Yukon black with Dune interior. I ordered them for 2nd and 3rd rows first in tan for the kids (kept front in factory carpet for wife and I). I had nothing but trouble with them rolling up at both rear doors. I contacted the manufacturer about it and they replaced them and told me to lay them out in the house for a few days before installing them. I did and after 4 days they were still rolled a little so I placed can goods on them for a week. I thought good to go!! Wrong, I installed them and when the rear doors close, they roll the mats up. I ended up removing the kick plates, cutting the mats and tucking them under. Works okay but a pain to remove for cleaning. This last year I decided time for the fronts. Driver side snaps in perfect. Passenger side doesn't have factory hold downs so they come with spikes for the bottom. Sounds good in theory but the mats still move and after a year they have rubbed a big spot in the carpet. Besides that Weather Techs tan does not match Dune. I've heard good things about the Husky's but I didn't want to take a chance so I trashed the Weather Techs and bought GM Liners.

Save your money and buy GM liners.
You can add the posts on the passenger side to hold it in place.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Coco Mats and never looked back. Custom made/fit, don't move at all, easy to clean. A bit pricey albeit, but well worth it in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts