Want to do a trans filter and fluid change....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Was it necessary to do the cooler as well ? Or just because ??
Disconnecting the line coming from the cooler and hooking a tube from it to a bucket just helps you pump the old fluid out.

There is 6qts in the pan and another 6-6.5qts throughout the trans, torque converter, cooler, and lines.

That return line coming out of the cooler in the radiator is the last connection before going back into the trans pan and starting the cycle over again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a link to your mighty vac with all the attachments. I never considered that.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Can you post a link to your mighty vac with all the attachments. I never considered that.
I have model 7201 that has a hand pump on it and can be used to extract (suck) or pump (push) fluid out of it's reservoir.

They have models that are air operated and require an air line to use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR7TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_k5n8Eb132SAV9

https://www.tooldiscounter.com/prod...MIz_mC6euV6gIVEtbACh02RQM4EAQYAiABEgIlxfD_BwE

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Great work! and the whole trans fluid everywhere is par for the course. I also chose to abandon the exhaust collector hardware as i had a 1/2 drive setup with a 24 inch cheater bar pushing hard enough to snap the fastener and the little voice said "STOP". glad i also listened, i only tilted the pan and rotated the filter out/in after wiping the pan out the best i could. I did not reset the trans oil life so i will attempt that today with my china knockoff tech2 and see if i can do it.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the big question is ... can you pry down on the exhaust far enough. I've seen mixed answers ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz