1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to do a trans filter and fluid change....

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by gooffeyguy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Bob2C

Bob2C Full Access Member

Name:
    Robert
    I found this video helpful. I’m sure it’s the same for the 6 speed as well with the exception of the dipstick. I like how he just puts a little pressure on exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meccanoble likes this.
  2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Did ours last night, just exchanged about 3 gallons of old for fresh fluid.

3. the blur

the blur Full Access Member

Name:
    Denali
    Where in the pan would you drill in a drain plug ??

4. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Here is another video that shows the 2007-2014.

Meccanoble likes this.
  5. thompsoj22

thompsoj22 Full Access Member

california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
    Name:
    john
    Finally got around to doing the filter/flush. I have been putting off the task for the reality of having to loosen the exhaust to manifold bolts. well with a 2 foot breaker bar and enough tq to potentially snap the bolt i "stopped". i am not going to open that can of worms! so i opted to simply lean the pan down and manipulate the filter out, wipe the pan out, install the new filter and button it back up. I am a perfectionist so it was hard for me to admit defeat but im confident that the pan was as clean as a production mech would have gotten it and that will have to do. car fax shows 3 dealer flushes, 30,000- 56,000- 91,000 but i swear this was the original filter and the pan did have the gray silt in addition to the magnet but no chips/shavings at all. i have 14 qts of dexron vi being shipped for $103 so it will have to sit for a few days. ill flush using the 3/8 poly line out of the top of the radiator cooler. the dipstick on the paper towel method i have been using isnt a definitive test to evaluate fluid health. on the towel it looked red, draining it into my small "kiddie pool" that i use for a drain pan it was approaching dark red/brown. I figure the new filter can stay for the next 60k and ill flush at 30k intervals from now on.

swathdiver likes this.