Volant/K&n CAI not legal in CA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strip5150

Reaction score
Not CARB legal means I cant use it while getting a smog check but does it also mean I cant run it in everyday use?

thanks in advance
2010 5.3 tahoe

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of guys that run non-carb parts everyday... Just swap it around if you end up getting one :)

Tahoe06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's the same in CA, but in AZ the computers check the last 30 days for trouble codes. May be a good idea to switch it out about 1 month before you need to do smog check....

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An air intake isnt going to cause any codes if installed correctly..

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
K&N is carb legal in CA. They put a sticker on the top of the molding covering the radiator. It will pass smog with the sticker that let's the smog guy know what to look up in his book. I can't remenber the term right now... it 's a XXXX exemption.

Sombody fill in hte term for me.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not CARB legal means I cant use it while getting a smog check but does it also mean I cant run it in everyday use?

thanks in advance
2010 5.3 tahoe

if it dosn't have a CARB number,
then you will probably get failed when getting smog checked (I believe CA does a Visual Inspection along with the code reader)
and yes, if you can't have it durring the smog check, you aren't allowed to have it on the street in CA (on a CA registered vehicle) at all

dosn't mean you "Cant"
it's just illegal

There's plenty of guys that run non-carb parts everyday... Just swap it around if you end up getting one :)

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

K&N is carb legal in CA. They put a sticker on the top of the molding covering the radiator. It will pass smog with the sticker that let's the smog guy know what to look up in his book. I can't remenber the term right now... it 's a XXXX exemption.

Sombody fill in hte term for me.

the Spectre 9900 has a carb cert too ;)

I'm really surprized that Volant dosnt

guysgonewild

Reaction score
My volant cold air intake is legal. Comes with a sticker to put on under your hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made