VLOM Oil Screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any experience changing out the VLOM oil screen in the 2015-2020 Yukons/Tahoes? When running a search it seems as though our engines may not have them, but I am unable to confirm that's the case.

After reading many posts it seems that some of the lifter failures of pre-2015 or current models are directly related to this screen getting clogged and since my used Yukon has about 55K miles on it, I am assuming it's never been replaced or cleaned.

In short, has anyone messed with this screen in our model years, or does our engines not have them?

Thanks again for any advice. You guys have been a wealth of knowledge and have saved me so much money in regards to known issues on these vehicles. I literally have 5K left in warranty and would have been screwed with intermittent tail lights, leaking condenser, vacuum pump, and most important the 8-speed automatic issues. Probably saved me $4K or more in issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE