Video showing upgrades to gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya, I just took photos of the needles in the zero position so I knew where to put them back to.

The worst thing that can happen is that you don't have any idea where they go, and you just have to adjust them over time with trial and error. Its not that big of a deal - it'll just take a lot of time

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my main concern is i'll probably end up ******* up the needles trying to re-calibrating wrong knowing my ass and my luck, what happens if you **** them up ? meaning not calibrating them wrong the obvious choice will be incorrect reading right?

Do you have any method that works right ?

bottom them out, mark with tape, then measure edge of tape to "0" of gauge and transfer to the new face.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bottom them out, mark with tape, then measure edge of tape to "0" of gauge and transfer to the new face.

why would you want to bottom out the needles? i saw him do that in the video im kind of confused... wouldnt you just want to mark where they are and not touch them rather than turning them all to their lowest position.

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
why would you want to bottom out the needles? i saw him do that in the video im kind of confused... wouldnt you just want to mark where they are and not touch them rather than turning them all to their lowest position.

In my experience, it was actually quite difficult to install the needles without moving the position of them.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he botomed them THEN twisted some more, to break the needles free.

0 on the gauge is NOT 0 on the motor. if you measure from 0 on the motor you have a fixed point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts