Vibrations maybe bad motor mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That test will help figure this out. I see rubber cracks but that can be normal and may not be a bad mount.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think my rough idle symptoms match what described in this thread:

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my rough idle symptoms match what described in this thread:

So you think it is the cam pos sensor?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not on topic, but after reading that description post at that thread, I see a guy that bought and offered service and then had second thought and only then did he ask what he was getting for his money. You can assume all day and then call it "suckered me", is C-R-A-P. Even back in 2009, someone needs their hand held.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So you think it is the cam pos sensor?
I don't know, a couple of posts at the end also mentioned cleaning the TB. So I'll look at it first. And using Sea Foam intake cleaner and Marvel Mystery oil cleaners.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, a couple of posts at the end also mentioned cleaning the TB. So I'll look at it first. And using Sea Foam intake cleaner and Marvel Mystery oil cleaners.
If you have access to a scan tool (most of the $20 cheapie dongles will suffice), take a look at your misfire counts.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That test will help figure this out. I see rubber cracks but that can be normal and may not be a bad mount.
Finally did the test in gear. Video below. I can see engine move to the side, but not sure if it's normal. First in D then in R.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have access to a scan tool (most of the $20 cheapie dongles will suffice), take a look at your misfire counts.
I have OBDLink MX+. No fault codes. Are you talking about real-time monitors?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, the left one is bad and the right one is weakening. Not as bad as left but will follow soon.

My 05 Z71 is having me go thru a bit of hell right now with the mounts replacing, see my build thread, but yours may have better access or worse. Others here with an 07 and newer will know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879