Vibration at 70-75 MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from my experience when someone says i getr a vibration at 75mph 9 out of 10 times its out of balanced tires and if they say they were just balanced i say go balance them again and it always winds up being either weights fell off or the tire installer was incompentant wich happens often hell ive balanced my own tires wrong before all though it was my first time using the spin balancer

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

also bearings that have literally shit the bed dont vibrate they usally screech grind and sqeal at low speeds

OP
OP
L

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad tire or bend in rim.

Got my tires rotated the other day, and told them about the vibration. I wasn't due for a balance (they generally do it every other rotation), but I had them do it anyway with no change. I was told that all wheels seemed to be well balanced.

Only thing possible related: I have a sort of medium-high pitch whirring noise while driving. Sounds kind of like the noise most cars make in reverse. It changes with vehicle speed, not rpm, can be heard through about 50 mph when general noise drones it out. It persists if I shift into neutral. I'll probably make a separate post for this too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonp