Vette servo problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed my servo no problems. But when I drove it, it didn't shift into 4. Help please!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the hoe? There are sometimes issues with installing the servos on high mile trannys. The reason is you are only installing a single high performance part in a stock tranny. The pressures change, the dynamic change etc...so you risk breaking a high wear piece like a clutch pack, valve solenoid..Any codes?

Also, the 3/4 clutch pack is really a weak point on this 4l60e, and as you can imagine it's used much more than 1/2.

B

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the hoe? There are sometimes issues with installing the servos on high mile trannys. The reason is you are only installing a single high performance part in a stock tranny. The pressures change, the dynamic change etc...so you risk breaking a high wear piece like a clutch pack, valve solenoid..Any codes?

Also, the 3/4 clutch pack is really a weak point on this 4l60e, and as you can imagine it's used much more than 1/2.

B
I just rolled over 98xxx.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you messed up a teflon ring on the servo..i did the same thing and didnt have 2nd..pull it back out and make sure those split rings are on there good..simple fix

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just rolled over 98xxx.

That's not considered danger zone from everything I've read, it's generally over 100k but you are damn close.

Does it catch at all into 4?

B

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you messed up a teflon ring on the servo..i did the same thing and didnt have 2nd..pull it back out and make sure those split rings are on there good..simple fix
Thanks. I hope that's it and not a clutch.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cool, I was gunna say reinstall it from start to finish as well. I have no practical experience putting them in so I haven't a clue what steps are done to be truthful but it would seem reasonable that you might mess up the install on the first try. I know I would... :)

B

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna let it cool and reinstall it and Ill post how it is after that. Keepin my fingers crossed.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I hope that's it and not a clutch.

I guess I need to do some research, if it goes into 3 I would think there isn't a problem with the 3/4 clutch pack. I'll check up on it while you reinstall your kit, definitely peaked my interest.

B

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I need to do some research, if it goes into 3 I would think there isn't a problem with the 3/4 clutch pack. I'll check up on it while you reinstall your kit, definitely peaked my interest.

B
Thanks a bunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE