Vetronix GM Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have searched the eff out of our forums, have seen the billion Tech 2 threads, and decided we would benefit from another one! Yeay! No.

I am a cheapskate... Well, if I spend less money, I get in less trouble with my wife... THAT is the issue.

Is there anywhere to pick up the Vetronix, with or without the $50 plastic box, for less than $379?

Thanks,

Will

P.S. These are the codes I pulled with Torque and this little gem:

20211130_183134.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-175126_Torque.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-175517_Torque.jpg

FWIW, I assume the P0178 is related to the P0455 code, and fear I'm in for a fuel pump replacement, Yay, not. The transmission codes were not completely unexpected, but I'm hoping it is only solendoids and not needing a transmission rebuild. I need the better code reader, though, as I also have a 4 wheel drive fault that my little scanner is not seeing -- and some other, random crap. (This is for the 2005 Suburban 1500 LT I just bought, and knew some of these things would be problems when I bought it.) As always, thanks!

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only place I've found for $379; since I don't want to wait until sometime next year -- if it can be helped -- buying the box and getting express shipping is on the table. chinacardiags.com Vetronix

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can purchase a Tech 2 from AliExpress for around $300 or so. In fact, I believe I recently saw one advertised there for under $300.

Regarding trouble with the wife, I find success in purchasing something for the wife in rough proportion to what I spend on my truck.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only place I've found for $379; since I don't want to wait until sometime next year -- if it can be helped -- buying the box and getting express shipping is on the table. chinacardiags.com Vetronix

This is a money saving device, they pay themselves for the first repair when you compare what it would cost to take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

Rebuild your valve body before it tanks the trans.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can purchase a Tech 2 from AliExpress for around $300 or so. In fact, I believe I recently saw one advertised there for under $300.

Regarding trouble when the wife, I find success in purchasing something for the wife in rough proportion to what I spend on my truck.
Do you have any suggestions (sellers, specific product, etc.)? Since this is going to be my first major tool purchase in... FOREVER... I need to make sure and not screw it up. Thanks!

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my scanner and have been using it. And then, today, it refuses to contact my vehicle. :-( Anyone know what the failure rate of these scanners is? I was doing something simple like trying to make the door chime go off (the door chime does work). It keeps telling me it can't contact the vehicle.