Vehicle won't call 911 in a crash without OnStar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to cancel my OnStar - naturally they make you call in and won't let you do it online. I also read that the vehicle will not alert emergency services without an OnStar subscription.

I don't know why, but this kind of rubs me the wrong way. That could make the difference in someone living or dying, but I guess its the person's fault if they won't pony up the monthly fee right??

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a accident you can have the Onstar operator call 911 while she reactivates your service.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a accident you can have the Onstar operator call 911 while she reactivates your service.

LMFAO!!

It's a paid service! Hey at least you have internet key fob for 5 years! And don't worry somebody will post the video of the accident on youtube before the emergency team shows up!

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to cancel my OnStar - naturally they make you call in and won't let you do it online. I also read that the vehicle will not alert emergency services without an OnStar subscription.

I don't know why, but this kind of rubs me the wrong way. That could make the difference in someone living or dying, but I guess its the person's fault if they won't pony up the monthly fee right??

you really can't expect to cancel a service and then be mad when they won't provide you that service...

Like getting life alert free for 90 days, canceling the service and then hitting the button when you fall down and being mad it won't work...

Fallen.jpg

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

But have you tried it though? Lol

mwardncsu

Reaction score
you really can't expect to cancel a service and then be mad when they won't provide you that service...

Like getting life alert free for 90 days, canceling the service and then hitting the button when you fall down and being mad it won't work...

Could be expectation that it ties into your cell via Bluetooth. My Mazda 6 - which does not have OnStar of course - has a feature that (in theory) if the car detects a crash it will automatically dial 911 to a bluetooth connected phone. No service or anything required - just requires the head unit / bluetooth module & your phone to survive the impact.....

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ah you wipper snappers and yer automatic phone calls. Back in my day we used to have to make an actual call

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman